SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast and VC funded, we are here to inspire generations of problem solvers.
At SAM Labs we create innovative curriculum resources that teach computational thinking through our STEAM, Coding, and Maker Courses. All of this is to reduce teacher workload, increase teacher engagement, and increase student confidence.
With over 5,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, we are looking for an Education Software Product Owner.
You will report into our fabulous Head of Product, and collaborate closely with our Software team, which is led by a former Google Software Engineering lead.
We are a team of passionate and collaborative people on a mission to be key players in the future of education. You will play a crucial role in our mission!
- Translates Head of Product’s insights and strategy into features – working with the Head of Product on current and future strategies
- Write product requirements, user stories and prioritise
- Fulfil the role of Scrum Product Owner within our development team
- Work with the engineering team to build and estimate roadmap milestones
- Provide strategic input to product including understanding consumer trends and changes to competitive landscape
- Understanding the commercial context and balancing competing priorities across the entire product roadmap
- Taking full ownership of the outcome. Sharing the success with the team and learning from mistakes
- Helping to market the solution, increasing engagement and NPS metrics
- Becoming a domain expert across all areas of SAM Labs’ product, educating SAM Labs’ partnership and engagement teams on the use of the product. Help setup a system for documenting how the product works.
- Engage with rest of SAM Labs to streamline feature requests and bug reports, and then prioritizing them appropriately.
- Organize releases – this involves communicating timelines, organizing larger scale testing, etc…
- Knowledge of Jira / Asana or similar
- Practical, on-the-job knowledge of the US education system is a strong advantage
- Demonstrated passion for improving education outcomes is a must!
- You must intuitively know what being “10x better” looks like
- You need to be a self-starter who can demonstrate working independently and taking full ownership of projects
- An understanding of both UX and UI, with the ability to talk expertly about both when challenged
- Ability to empathise with school stakeholders, identify needs and translate into a design concept and a user story
- Experience working in an agile delivery team using Scrum or a similar Agile methodology
- Experience working with digital delivery and development teams
- Someone who flourishes in the dynamic environment of a start-up
- Experience and/or passion for Ed Tech
- Project management experience – at least 1 year
At SAM Labs we move at high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and ownership. In addition to that we have created the following ‘more tangible’ benefits for you:
- Remote first company with annual retreats twice a year
- Personal Development & Training allowance
- 401 K offered and company contribution towards medical, dental and sick leave
- 5days vacation + 4 days personal time + 6 days holiday + 1 day per year up to 20 max
- Sick days in line with statutory requirements
Any unsolicited CVs sent to us – that is to say, in any situation where the HR Team here at SAM Labs have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy – will be considered by us to be a “free gift”, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to contact the candidate directly and engage the candidate’s services, and will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate should the candidate’s details also be submitted by any other party.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs to us by your company will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance by your company of these terms, and agreement by your company that these terms are the totality of any commercial or contractual relationship whatsoever between our companies in respect of the candidate(s) whose unsolicited CVs were thus sent.