Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is looking for a strategic, analytical, and transformational Head of Global Logistics & Warehousing for its supply chain team, reporting into the Sr Director, Global Supply Chain Planning & Logistics.. You will own all aspects of managing and structuring our global logistics and warehousing network.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in rapidly evolving, high growth, global environments, with a track record of driving global transformation, excellence and scalability. You are a collaborative business partner, with the ability to support, influence and drive strategic initiatives. You are data-driven, innovative, and resilient. You are a continuous learner, and thrive on your ability to solve complex problems that deliver meaningful and sustainable competitive advantage.
We are a remote first company and welcome applications from California, Texas, Oregon and Washington.
What You’ll Do:
- Quickly assess our global logistics and warehousing network to determine risks, opportunities and develop a plan to build a foundation for growth
- Perform cost & risk analysis around owned vs 3PL operations
- Facilitate global 3PL and LSP RFPs, suggesting and recommending vendor selections based on ROI, benefits and risks
- Manage contractual terms, rates and SLA negotiations with global logistics and warehousing vendors
- Establish and implement warehousing, logistics and order management / fulfillment best practices with our global logistics teams
- Train and mentor global logistics leaders and teams
- Review our global customs, regulatory, duty and tax compliance, making updates wherever necessary to maintain 100% compliance to global regulations
- Establish partnerships with key LSPs to optimize our global logistics efficiencies, speed to market, on time shipping and spend management
- Facilitate business processes and project manage ERP integration with all relevant platforms such as WMS, TMS and OM (internal and external)
- Serve as escalation point for all global service providers
- Manage relationships, set expectations, establish performance metrics and facilitate QBRs with global logistics and warehousing partners
- Partner with inventory management, FP&A and compliance teams to ensure our inventory management principles and processes are being adhered to globally
- Manage & support our logistics & warehousing budget, being accountable to variances and reporting on actuals vs plan
- Continuously evaluate our DG and Hazmat related processes to ensure we’re always operating within the most current safety and regulatory requirements
- Evaluate corporate strategies for growth and establish a plan to continue building a global network capable of sustaining the business, maintaining costs and driving efficiencies
- 8-10+ years of experience managing a global warehousing and logistics function
- Experience building and managing global teams across various logistics functions
- Previous experience managing DG & Hazmat related packaging, handling, storing and transportation for Lithium Ion batteries
- Prior direct experience developing and implementing a global logistics and warehousing strategy within tight timelines and constraints
- Prior work with global service providers across all modes of transport and distribution functions
- Critical and creative thinking, you can find solutions “outside the box” when needed to accomplish goals and execute on strategy
- Deep working knowledge of warehousing and logistics within EU, NA and APAC
- Experience with all modes of transport globally (ocean, air, LTL, FTL, small parcel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to effectively educate & influence stakeholders lacking supply chain experience about global operations
- You’re a tenacious problem solver and enjoy facing challenges with your team
- Experience with NetSuite (or other ERP), WMS and TMS platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree
The anticipated salary range for this position is $122,000 – $205,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate’s location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
- Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
- Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
- Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
- Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
- Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
- Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
- Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
- Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
- Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
- Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.