Who is Sharesource?
We are a social enterprise that exists to bring global opportunities closer to smart individuals. We want companies to be able to successfully grow their business by accessing the talent they need to fuel that growth, wherever they may be in the world. We want people to find success in their career and be part of a company that they can be proud of.
Each and everyone of our employees is an ambassador of Sharesource. We are committed to carry out, live out, and communicate our values and culture as a company. We hope to create a positive impact in every way imaginable.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a kickass accountant to join our partner. You will be responsible for completing accounting/bookkeeping work with accuracy and in a timely manner, in order to provide support to your reporting supervisor and ultimately assist the firm in creating and maintaining a reputation for excellent customer service.
What are you expected to do?
Core objectives include:
- Prepare workpapers in accordance with the firm’s procedures to support BAS compliance work.
- Seek to extract client information necessary to complete accurate general ledger work.
- Prepare client BAS and IAS lodgements as directed.
- Provide support to reporting supervisor
- Assist clients with troubleshooting support
- Process payroll & superannuation compliance for bookkeeping clients.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage client expectations as directed by senior staff.
- Assist clients in meeting BAS compliance.
What’s cool about this job?
- Work with an industry-leading advisory business specialising in management rights, self-managed super funds, bookkeeping, compliance and tax services
- Work with a team that values work life balance, inclusivity and having fun at work
- Get a chance to do elevate your accounting expertise to the next level
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using Xero platform
- Understanding of Australian GST laws
- Understanding of Debtors, Creditors, Payroll
- Experience with Bookkeeping for large group entities with interco entries (if possible)
We will be absolutely thrilled if you also have the following:
- Some experience or exposure dealing with clients directly
- Familiarity with Dext platform
What you get from joining us:
- Above market salary
- HMO coverage plus 1 free dependent
- Monthly personal coaching and regular training events
- Cool and interesting clients to work with
- Warm and friendly working environment
- Be empowered to be a leader or an expert in your field
- Flexibility to work from home
Your Recruitment Journey:
- The whole process takes about 2-4 weeks.
- There will be 3-4 interviews and a possible assessment from our client. You will undergo an initial interview, a culture interview, and 1-2 interviews with our cool clients. This will run for about 1-2 weeks but we will let you know if we need to ramp it up. Be yourself and have fun.
- We will constantly communicate with you as to the development of your application. You can also directly communicate with us to ask us about the status of your application.
- If all goes well, we will ask you to complete the reference check and provide other necessary requirements so we can offer you the job right away
At Sharesource, we believe that the uniqueness of each and every individual adds huge value to any organisation. As a social enterprise, we are committed to building a global organisation that attracts and leverages diversity in our team, and strives for respect and inclusion throughout our workplace and in the communities we serve.
We hire without any bias towards race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.