Be part of the creative and fast moving development team that works on application and software development for major Healthcare Payer organization
- Performs programming and maintenance on various programs and systems based on customer business requirements. Programmer II and Programmer III roles may be combined with SCRUM development responsibilities.
- • With assistance from Programmer III or Lead, maintain and develop moderately complex systems and programs
- • Participate or lead medium projects.
- • Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all appropriate areas
- • Assist Users/Analysts with the development of system interface specifications
- • Develop, write and implement processing requirements and post implementation review
- • Develop time and cost estimates and system modification schedules.
- • Create and deliver presentations to staff and management.
- • Maintain code base and configuration in development and test system environments.
- • Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- • The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- • Perform all other duties as assigned. SCRUM RESPONSIBILITIES (LEVEL 2S AND LEVEL 3S) Levels 2 and 3 may assume SCRUM responsibilities on an interim or project basis. These functions are in addition to those outlined in Level 2 or Level 3.
- • Act as SCRUM master for 1-2 SCRUM teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards process improvement. • Participate in project teams as necessary.
- • Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- • Assist product owner with management of backlog.
- • Ensure cross-team coordination.
- • Maintain relevant metrics that help the team monitor performance.
- • Liaise between developers and User Experience/Visual Designers. Foster communication between the disciplines.
- 1. Required Job Skills (Applies to All Levels)
- • Knowledge of query design and ad-hoc report creation tools.
- • Mathematics analysis and inductive reasoning skills.
- • Programming languages and coding ability sufficient to meet the requirements at each level of responsibility, as defined in departmental documentation.
- • Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, structured programming, data mapping, and testing.
- 2. Required Professional Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- • Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- • Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- • Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- • Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- • Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- • Ability to work with ambiguous and conflicting information while keeping focused on the end goal.
- 3. Required Leadership Experience and Competencies (Applies to All Levels)
- • Ability to take appropriate risks, using available data.
- • Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment.
- PREFERRED COMPETENCIES
- • Intermediate skills with spreadsheet, flowcharting, presentation, word processing, and database software.
- • Advanced knowledge and experience with database, programming, and documentation.
- • Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
- Required Education
- • High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study Preferred Education
- • Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology, business, or related field Preferred Certifications
- • Technical Certifications in programming languages Required Work Experience
- • 3 years Experience in computer / information technology
- • 1 year Experience in programming, query design, and database development Preferred Work Experience
- • 1 year Experience in programming, query design, and database development
Nice to have
- Great communication skills