At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Daylight for anxiety, and Sleepio for insomnia — are available anytime and anywhere to help people overcome their mental health issues.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist will oversee the company’s payroll & benefits administration, ensuring payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner and maintains compliance with government regulations as well as internal policies and practices. This role will report to the Senior Manager, People Operations and will work cross functionally with the Finance & Accounting team.
- Support the integration of a new payroll and benefits admin system and build internal payroll processes for scale, including streamlining timekeeping process
- Process end-to-end payroll for our US and international teams, including calculation and payment of bonuses and commissions
- Maintain payroll records and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Develop and manage regular payroll audits: timecards, benefit deductions, etc.
- Support benefits administration, including compliance of health & welfare and 401(k) and COBRA benefits, and our company’s annual open enrollment processes; ensure organizational compliance with enrollment, reporting and annual disclosure notices
- Administer leave as outlined by the Family Medical Leave Act, to include processing leave request forms, determining eligibility, and preparing and distributing forms and letters
- Prepare and complete information for annual audits, required reporting, and tax filings
- Serve as the main point of contact and subject matter expert for payroll and benefits both for our internal team and with the company’s external partners (benefits brokers, carriers)
- Apply a people-first approach to resolving employee payroll and benefits questions and concerns, while maintaining compliance with federal regulations
- A minimum of 3 years experience with payroll and benefits administration (Prior experience running multi-state and international payroll in a complex business with both exempt and nonexempt employees is highly desirable)
- Knowledgeable about state and federal regulations concerning all aspects of exempt and non-exempt payroll (vacation, overtime pay, retirement plans, health benefits eligibility and state/Federal filings, etc.) and benefits compliance (ERISA and COBRA regulations, ACA preparation and filing, non-discrimination testing, 401(k) audits, and form 5500 filing)
- Experience with leave policies and applicable laws (FMLA, disability, maternity, parental, and state paid leave laws)
- Proficiency with HRIS systems (Paylocity preferred)
- Ability to manage responsibilities and time with competing priorities
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
$90,000 – $120,000 a year
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Additional compensation may include benefits, variable pay, discretionary bonuses, and equity.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. The pay scale is subject to change depending on business needs.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.