Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We’re actively seeking a talented Business Architect and Delivery Manager to join our Retirement Solutions Division Finance Technology Team in Newport Beach, CA. This role can be on-site, hybrid, or 100% remote.
As a successful Business Architect and Delivery Manager, you are a strategic problem solver who is passionate about implementing change with technology-led solutions to improve business process efficiencies and accuracies. In this role, you will service our divisional Finance team as your primary customer and be the connection point between Finance and Technology. You understand your customer’s business processes, value measurements and priorities, and can design and implement solutions with new or existing technology stack. You are responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the landscape of systems and integrations that supports finance.
How you will make an impact:
- Subject matter expert who oversees and understands the technology solutions that support and enable finance business processes
- Acts as a liaison between the technology development teams and business users in the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems.
- Analyzes complex business problems both strategically and tactically, and works with customers and technology peers to identify innovative solutions that meet their business needs to transform them into information technology system requirements and recommends alternative approaches for meeting those needs.
- Leads analysis of current and future business needs relating to system application requirements, and documents requirements, business processes, functional and configuration specifications to facilitate development efforts.
- Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Engages with application development and technology enablement teams (e.g. Data Management, Contract Administration Systems, Quality Assurance, Technology Architecture, etc.) to drive towards common objectives and outcomes.
- Facilitates integration and user acceptance testing across business and technology development teams.
- Prepares clear communications and makes presentations on recommended technology delivery approach and/or alternative options.
- Manages the overall implementation timeline and activities, or work with Project Managers if applicable.
- Works independently and proactively provide supervisor and management team with updates including status tracking, issues or risk escalations
The experience you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience working with critical finance business processes in Financial Close Process, General Ledger, Subledgers, Accounts Payables / Receivables, Cash Disbursements, Reconciliations, Budgeting & Planning, Financial Data & Reporting.
- 10+ years of experience with working in Financial ERP implementations and its systems integrations.
- 8+ years of experience with Insurance industry and understanding of general data flow.
- 5+ years of experience working with database management solutions, such as Snowflake, SQL, Amazon RDS, Oracle DB, etc.
- Experience working with robotics process automation or low-code automation platforms.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall SDLC processes and team structures.
- Strong work ethics and accountability in your responsibilities.
- Strong team player who actively contributes to team’s successes and growth, completes tasks on-time, and respects each team members’ ideas with aim to improve the product or process at hand.
- Assertive with results and action-oriented mindset to drive executive meetings, collaboration workshops, and progress amongst a matrixed team structure and organization.
- Articulates clearly in both written or spoken communication, which may include executive level presentations and PowerPoint, email memos, workshop / meeting facilitation.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience working in life insurance and annuity industry
- Experience participating or driving enterprise Finance Transformation programs
- Experience with implementing Oracle ERP / Peoplesoft solutions for Finance modules
- Accounting degree or CPA certified
More reasons to join:
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. We work passionately each day to drive our company forward while enjoying job security, flexible scheduling, and great opportunities for career growth.
If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, Pacific Life is the place for you. If you are a self-starter who appreciates creativity and individuality in your colleagues – even better. We look forward to receiving your application.
You belong at Pacific Life
At Pacific Life we believe you belong. We foster a culture of belonging, a space where all employees are empowered to be authentic. We embrace and celebrate diversity, create a culture of equity and inclusion, and value and respect every employee.
In 2020, we demonstrated agility and swiftly shifted to a working-from-home environment with little to no disruption. Going forward, we will move toward a hybrid, digital-first workplace that encompasses flexible work policies, inclusive space design, and innovative technology solutions. At Pacific Life, we are pioneering a trail and challenging the status quo to build the next normal.
Want to learn more about life at Pacific Life? Take an inside look at our company culture: Instagram.com/lifeatpacificlife.