Business Consultant – Ancillary, Offer & Distribution Strategy
FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To enhance and accelerate the expansion of our Offer & Ancillary solutions, we are looking for a Business Consultant.
The role is responsible for supporting customers implementation of FLYR Ancillary, Distribution and Offer products, providing recommendation on airline strategy, contributing with product owners to validate data and functionalities of FLYR’s applications.
The Ancillary, Offer & Distribution Business Consultant will provide airline market experience and practical pricing system expertise to the whole organization. The Consultant will look at FLYR’s product through our Customer’s eyes and will contribute to seamless launches through close interaction with internal FLYR teams and carrier technical & business teams.
Key skills and traits for this role include understanding of the Ancillary revenue and Offer distribution landscape at airlines, processes and flows in the RM management systems, and knowledge of airline IT and PSS ecosystem. An excellent visual eye and desire to create new user experiences are critical as the role requires working on capabilities where there were none before. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience within airline Ancillary, Distribution, or Pricing departments, or has worked with IT vendors working on similar solutions. The applicant is capable of getting quickly onboard with technical concepts and able to communicate business flows and logic to internal stakeholders.
What will your destination look like at FLYR? (Responsibilities)
- Analyzes airline historical pricing and inventory performance, and performs trend analysis in order to apply learnings to all stages of the delivery process
- Join carrier calls and working sessions to help the delivery of FLYR solutions
- Train the organization on distribution, offers and ancillaries strategies from the airline’s perspective so that our internal teams understand customer requirements and views on our products
- Help define carrier rollout strategy based on network and product analysis
- Assist FLYR and airlines’ development and implementation teams during business acceptance testing and launch
- Verify functionalities used and requested by airlines. Validate airline pricing metrics provided by the deep learning models. Report incorrect data metrics to development and implementation teams.
- Recommend and consult on system improvements
- Join product discussions to bring the domain perspective on existing issues and features requests
- Light Project Management activities and coordination with customers on implementation timeline and dependencies
- Responsible for alignment between Engineering, Implementation on the Pricing output delivered to our customers
What should you pack for this trip? (Qualifications)
- 5+ years experience in airline RM, Ancillary pricing or equivalent experience.
- Experience with airline offers, and sales of Ancillary products
- Experience with airline distribution and retailing landscape including GDS, eCommerce, Metasearch, etc.
- Experience with PSS and Airline IT ecosystem including fares and ticketing systems
- Knowledge of fare filing with ATPCO or similar
- Successful Software as a Service (SAAS) customer engagement experience
- Strong communicator with experience collaborating across multiple teams and external partners
- Unending drive to maximize our contribution to the carrier’s adoption of our products and excitement about solving problems regardless of their complexity
- Able to problem solve quickly and generate flexible solutions independently or as part of a team
What can we offer you? (Perks & Benefits)
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Free Breakfast/Lunch (in office)
- Uber Eats – $20/week
- 100% Paid Parental Leave for 12 Weeks
- $300 Home office set-up stipend (one time)
- Dog Friendly Offices
Our Commitment to Equality
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.