Business Development Associate
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors’ cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the Role
We are seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to help drive demand in Germany! As a BDR you will be the first point of contact for many of our prospects, responsible for driving curiosity and interest. You will help qualify prospects and uncover sales opportunities. This is an unbelievable opportunity for someone interested in launching a sales career in the B2B Tech and Cyber Security space.
We’re looking for people who are excited to own their “business” (within your respective territory). If you’re keen on discovering the perfect buyer, crafting messaging that gets attention, and making connections between people, then this is the perfect role for you. Although it’s not always the case, ideally this role will prepare you to become a full-cycle Salesperson (i.e. a closer).
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll enjoy the benefits of ongoing training, mentorship, career/life coaching, and guidance. It is a great way to jumpstart a career in cybersecurity/SaaS sales and the skills you develop are applicable across any number of disciplines
Our Ideal Candidate – does this sound like you?
This role is focused on sourcing our next sales opportunity. As such, you will be speaking with a lot of people, over the phone, email, or social media (LinkedIn). Our ideal candidate has a knack for recognizing patterns and applying those ideas to broader scenarios. For example, uncovering ideal prospects to reach out to based on Buyer Persona training. When the ideal candidate talks with people (phone or email) they are drawn in and curious to learn more. If this sounds like your greatest nightmare, then this is probably not the role to grow your career.
- Book Meetings
- Qualify Inbounds
- Lead Gen. Outbound / Pipe generation
- Evangelize the product
- Keep Database Clean
- Crush phone and email activity
- Work with Marketing and Channel on projects
- Go to events
- Master your tools (softwares)
- Research prospective organizations that can benefit from Security Scorecards cloud based software solutions
- Identify decision-makers in those organizations
- 1-2 years of experience in sales development, lead generation, or business development in B2B/SaaS environments
- Track record of consistent and effective sales development performance
- History of creative, persistent, and effective outbound sales lead follow-up messaging
- Excellent communication, discovery, and presentation skills to connect with and persuade senior level decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and multitasking ability
- Proficiency and experience using Salesforce.com, Outreach, and LinkedIn
- Must be a self-starter, be comfortable with limited supervision, and have solid problem-solving skills
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy and extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, and improvement
- Works with urgency
- Positive, warm, and inviting attitude with a “no challenge is too great” mentality
SecurityScorecard values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.