Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We are looking for someone with experience in Business Development Manager – National Security who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
You will be aligned with the National Security portfolio and report to the Business Development Director. The team work mainly with Homeland Security , Policing and Justice sectors and sell primarily to the Public Sector.
The Business Development Manager will be accountable for winning a specific business opportunity and will provide the leadership to the bid team through to award of the contract. They will:
- Define the customer engagement management strategy and engage senior company executives in contact activity as required
- Personally engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues, concerns, and hot buttons
- Build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively drive them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- Assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- Work with the bid manager to plan, appropriately tailor, and use relevant processes throughout the bid, ensuring that there is a process in place that develops a high quality proposal in a timely manner with checks on the development of content.
- Lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us , are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- Develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- Lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Work with the bid and proposal team to ensure win themes, hot buttons, and evaluation criteria are properly addressed across all proposal elements
- Lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required, ensuring smooth hand over to the project manager
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have a proven track record over at least 5 years working as a Business Development Manager in UK public sector winning complex services opportunities of greater than £20m
- Be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with customers and industry partners
- Must be a UK National
- Experience and success working on £20m + deals in the UK Public Sector
- UK SC security clearance
- Exceptional leadership, management, and communication skills
- Proven effective in working across organisational boundaries (e.g. Between corporate divisions and/or multi-nationally based divisions)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work at the strategic and big picture level
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
Desirable skills required
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
This position is a remote opportunity.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.