Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operate in 190 markets around the world.
About the Business Development Team:
The Business Development Team supports seller acquisition and revenue growth. The team crafts strategic deals with big ecosystem players to extend eBay’s reach. Our goal is to rapidly increase eBay’s footprint, deliver significant business growth for our sellers and offer all the inventory our buyers expect.
At eBay, the Business Development team is central to the strategic growth of our company. Composed of individual teams that handle strategy, new business initiatives and partnerships, the department leads a supply-focused initiative that works with brand partners, retailers, and power sellers to secure new inventory and widen exposure.
Business Development at eBay is made up of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to support accelerated growth in one of our focused category efforts in the North American market. The ideal candidate will be both passionate in one or more of the following categories: fashion, jewelry, street-wear and/or sneakers, automotive parts and accessories, electronics and/or refurbished goods or collectibles of any sort. Experience and existing relationships in the correlating category is a plus.
At eBay, BDRs specialize in one or many of eBay’s focused categories and promotes the opportunity to list inventory to potential new or existing Sellers already using eBay’s platform. They develop new leads and identify new opportunities and hande the sales pipeline efficiently. Activities often include desk research for lead generation, targeted telephone prospecting, pitching value opportunities and positioning the benefits directly to Sellers, and onboarding new Sellers to eBay’s marketplace. They work alongside Lead BDRs, responsible for development and execution of category strategy with internal cross-functional partners, in both a collaborative acquisition effort and in an encouraging manner by crafting and submitting contracts and purchase orders.
Someone who enjoys execution on day-to-day sales processes, meeting and exceeding exciting objectives, and helping customers achieve outstanding goals will be successful. Detailed success of lead generation/prospecting and sales pipeline management will set you up for success. eBay’s Business Development organization is a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. This role will require high levels of activity and task management while driving B2B relationships with Sellers of goods that meet eBay’s strategic supply demands.
- Conduct strategic business development activities with the objective of introducing/positioning the opportunity to list inventory on eBay to key decision-makers
- Drive activity through the initial phases of the sales cycle, create qualified opportunities for the field sales force (Lead BDRs) via generating leads through outbound prospecting, creative messaging and qualifying inbound leads to new targets within both prospect and existing accounts, presentations, demos, etc
- Close contracts with New Sellers as needed per company guidelines and policy, attend networking events and conventions
- Own part or all of the relationship with New Sellers within their journeys to, and including, onboarding
- Report, track and handle sales activities via CRM (Salesforce)
- Analyze pipeline gaps and adjust tactical strategy to meet long term objectives, support Lead BDRs with programmatic tasks, where needed.
- Research the latest trends to support delivery of pitches, through business meetings and one-on-one conversations, internally and externally, using data and insights to articulate value and decision making
- Be an active part of the team, sharing standard methodologies and participating in the Sales Development organization’s projects
Who You are:
- Passionate about two-sided marketplaces, with personal experiences as a buyer or seller
- Proficient in sales prospecting and pipeline management with documented success in sales execution.
- Experience operating in a business where confidentiality, discretion and integrity are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a natural communicator and influencer.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team, with a range of working styles.
- Results oriented and dedicated to time management, self-motivated and accountable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
- 2+ years of previous experience in sales development, business development, or related field
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce CRM, Outreach, and ZoomInfo a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.