Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business on a mission to inspire financial confidence by helping people manage their day-to-day finances. We offer a digital financial platform with simple, accessible and personalized financial solutions including personal loans. credit cards and a financial health product.
The company is a fast-growing fintech that has been recognized numerous times as a best workplace. If you are energized by working in a fun organization where communication is open, everyone feels included, creativity is embraced, personal growth is encouraged, and you can make positive impact on the business, Marlette is the place for you.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Best Egg is seeking a skilled BI Database Developer to join our growing Data Analytics and Business Intelligence team.
You will be a mid-senior level developer who will work with our team of Power BI developers building dashboards, KPIs and operational reports. Responsibilities include defining, developing and populating data structures in support of key business product and growth initiatives. The role includes gathering requirements, working with SMEs, data engineers and business leaders in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a team player who is passionate about learning, collaboration, data analytics and working in a supportive, team-oriented culture.
Essential Responsibilities and Skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Expertise with SQL and relational databases
- Minimum 3 years of development in support of Reporting and Analytics
- Familiarity with Cloud computing and AWS
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with product owners, stakeholders, data architects, data engineers and other teams to gather system and business requirements in a team environment
- Translate business requirements into ELT, data models and metrics definitions
- Experience in handling various data formats such as structured & semi-structured, JSON & XML
- Expertise working with both relational and dimensional databases, data warehouse concepts
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models in support of Business Intelligence efforts
- Promote and advocate best practices, design standards and procedures
- Working knowledge of ETL processes and procedures, external data sources and ODS data systems
- Assist with the collection of data definitions for Enterprise Data Catalog as needed
- Ability to test, review and document data models, ELT and data flows
- Exhibit technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Anticipate and adapt to dynamic, changing business requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, MIS, Business Analytics or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures
- Experience analyzing/understanding Microsoft SSIS ETL jobs, features and components
- Fundamental programming skills using Python 3
- Working knowledge of AWS S3, MySQL and Postgres
- Source code control and best practices using Github
- Basic – mid level experience with self service BI tools such as Power BI/Tableau/Qlik
- Five years or more of overall industry experience
- 3 years or more database development experience with alternate cloud database platforms, 5 or more years with on premise database platforms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team. If you are interested in helping us, you can apply HERE