What You’ll Do:
As Billtrust’s first Business Operations Manager, you will have a significant impact on our overall customer experience and customer satisfaction levels through leading teams in the US and nearshore and offshore BPO’s responsible for day-to-day payment processing service delivery, ie “intelligent data entry.”
You will act as the primary customer escalation point for any operational impact within the team and advocate for the voice of the customer. You will foster strong relationships with both customers and internal stakeholders to facilitate solutions and meet urgent customer timelines. You will be relied upon to lead for talent acquisition and management efforts including hiring (contract labor and full time staff), training, coaching, professional development, and performance reviews. You will lead by example, working alongside their team members, guiding them through complex production situations and sensitive customer concerns.
You will be required to achieve several key performance indicators (KPIs) such as performance of the production payment processing operations and day-to-day activities, service levels, manual data entry quality error rate, employee productivity, quality, and response/resolution time.
The job will offer a unique, challenging, dynamic career opportunity, and you will have the chance to make a substantial impact within our fastest-growing business unit.
- Provide daily guidance and oversight to data keying team members such that production requests are handled in a timely, efficient, and high-quality manner, aligned with customer expectations
- Ensure compliance KPIs and productivity reporting to ensure appropriate customer milestones achieved
- Develop and ensure that reporting processes required by enterprise stakeholders, SOPs and onboarding documentation is adhered to and updated as needed
- Manage team member performance, including staffing, reviews, timesheet review, training and development
- Identify gaps/trends in use of applied knowledge and seek to coordinate appropriate coaching opportunities with team members
- Partner with various leaders to create and maintain cohesive training programs and quick reference guides.
- Work cross-functionally to understand the needs of the business, user habits, and to support ongoing data initiatives
- Suggest methods to improve process flow, efficiency, and service experience to both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
- Have direct responsibility for the results of BPO operations, working closely with external partners and internal operational teams
- Perform weekly key performance calibration with vendor partners to ensure vendor’s high level execution to contracts
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for BPO workstreams, while providing regular reporting on performance through business reviews
- Establish, recommend, and deploy infrastructure improvements for internal and BPO teams globally, including tools, processes and IT security
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field (or equivalent.
- 5+ years payments experience in Payments and Finance Operations.
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing teams through coaching and development
- Extensive experience with payment processors such as WorldPay, Braintree, Stripe, Authroize.Net etc.
- Deep understanding of credit card scheme regulations, disputes, and chargeback processes.
- Experience working with recurring payments and various digital payment options.
- Deep understanding of regional (US) credit card payment rails.
- Knowledgeable in payment operations and comfortable speaking with leadership teams on issues and challenges of payment, reconciliation, fraud, risk, timeframes, and expenditures.
- Advanced SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with dispute resolution platforms, such as Midigator, a plus.
- Experience developing and reporting on payment solution KPIs to leadership and executive teams.
- Articulate and poised with a clear and concise spoken and written communication style.
- Analytical and critical thinker – you use both data and user input as the basis of your recommendations and assessments.
- Self-starter, resilient and adaptable – you are comfortable working with ambiguity and are able to work remotely.
- Effective and productive working from home with remote teammates.
Target Base Compensation: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Get:
- Work from Anywhere: One of our state of the art offices, your home, a café…. you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions – big and small – each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $50B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.