Support the day to day activities of a cross-functional team to deliver SAM Services for the Autodesk organization. The role will require prior experience in Software Asset Management – SAM and the functions that support software life-cycle management. The desired candidate will be detail and task oriented while at the same time capable of seeing the broader picture. This person will also be responsible for the maintenance, reconciliation and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organizations hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Ensure the accurate collection, storage, and maintenance of data on all in-scope software installed in the asset repository; ensure that the delivery of the software asset management service meets all requirements as defined in customer agreements and Service Levels.
- Partner with other teams to perform SSO and/or SCIM integrations of vendor platforms for secure authentication into the software titles.
- Identify areas for SAM to add value and ROI; focus on innovation to deliver relevant solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders towards the goal of maximizing Customer Experience; assist customers in identifying issues, obstacles and alternatives for resolution.
- Create and/or manage policies and protocols to ensure data integrity and security.
- Track software titles throughout their life-cycle; accurately report software compliance positions for all in-scope software.
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of lifecycle data relating to software assets and the asset tracking system.
- Track software entitlement and maintenance data in support of refresh as well as end of life processes and projects; investigate and resolve discrepancies to maintain integrity of software asset data.
- Manage preparation and distribution of pre-defined and ad-hoc reports; identify and recommend software that has the potential to be harvested or replaced with lower cost alternatives.
- Identify and report on potential issues with the asset tracking tool, supporting systems and inputs; develop and maintain related program and process documentation.
- Support software compliance audit and remediation efforts as needed; identify and implement continual process improvements and operational efficiencies Skills and Experience.
- Deliver software to the organization based on specific business needs and requirements. i.e. feature sets, functionality, customization.
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of hardware and software asset management, policies, procedures along with a focus on SAM best practices.
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to function within a global organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the objective of delivering a positive customer experience.
- 5+ years of related Software Asset Management experience with a bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience with integration of single sign-on (SSO)
- Ability to create quality assurance concepts and practices into all aspects of the Software Asset space.
- A firm working knowledge of license models as well as entitlements and usage rules for software publishers including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Adobe, VMware, etc.
- Possess a solid understanding of software asset management policies, procedures and best practices.
- Experience using industry standard SAM solutions.
- Good working knowledge of ITSM systems like ServiceNow.
- An understanding of inventory tools.
- Knowledge of responding to escalations and notifications with established SLA guidelines.
- Proficient communication and ability to collaborate with other team members, customers, service owners and stakeholders.
- Moderate to Advanced experience using MS Excel, PowerBI, and similar tools.
• Experience working with a managed service
• ITIL v3 or 4 foundation or certification
• Change management & Change Control
• Configuration Management Database
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.