Giant are seeking Character Surfacing Artists for an exciting new CG production.
This is a full-time position based in the Dublin studio, and there is flexibility for remote working but applicants should be able to work in the Irish timezone as the studio.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Starting date: ASAP
- Under the leadership of the Character Surfacing Lead, Art Director and CG supervisors, create and implement textures and surfacing for characters based on the needs and determined look of a show.
- Create UV layouts for Character Models.
- Collaborate with modelling, lighting, rigging and effects teams to troubleshoot creative and technical issues when required.
- Quality check that all texture and surfacing elements are final, approved and ready for the lighting department.
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from leads and or supervisors in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Communicate with Production Team, Lead, Art Director, and CG Supervisor on concerns ahead of time.
- Balance quick turnarounds with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality.
- Participate in reviews as required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Character Surfacing.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced hand-painting skills with a strong understanding of colour theory and application.
- Superior eye for light, shade, colour, and detail.
- Proficient in Maya, Nuke, Photoshop, Substance.
- Experience in UV mapping and texture layout using Maya.
- Knowledge of Redshift renderer.
- Good interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.