Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to join the Leadership team at brightwheel. We are entering a new phase of growth as we massively expand our scale & reach in early education, and we need a talented partner to the CEO to help drive performance and execution across the company. You are a strong problem solver and adaptable, with an ability to build trust and partnership at all levels of an organization. You demonstrate the highest levels of ownership and show impressive grit in breaking through barriers. You are a clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal. You have a proven track record of success in difficult, highly ambiguous situations.
What You’ll Do
This program is based on Amazon’s TA (Technical Advisor) program in which the company’s strongest leaders have been paired with the CEO in order to serve as a formidable partner on the company’s top priorities. You will own all key executive-level meetings – CEO’s directs, senior leadership, and quarterly Board Meeting – along with helping drive the operating cadence for the company. You will partner with executives on key parts of the business and own strategic projects aligned with the CEO’s top priorities. In some cases, you will serve as the liaison for the CEO. Your goal is to be a 10x force multiplier for the exec team. As such, you’ll have full exposure to all of the inner workings of one of the highest growing SaaS companies in the world.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 12+ years of experience, ideally with generalist experience (management consulting, banking, etc) and high experience in a high growing tech environment. Previous operating experience strongly preferred.
- Top notch critical thinking and analytical skills; can break down complex problems into discrete digestible pieces and drive effective solutions
- Can learn quickly; understand any challenge and immediately hone in on what matters most
- Can adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment without being phased
- Very high EQ; able to read a room or an audience and adjust approach to be most effective
- Able to build deep levels of trust with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels; not afraid to directly challenge on important issues; exceptional listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications with a crisp, concise and effective style
- Low ego with high degree of ownership; never says “that’s not my job”; resourceful and scrappy
- High degree of grit. Demonstrated ability to break down difficult barriers
- Ownership over professional development; highly receptive to feedback and eager to get better every day
- Exemplifies best practices in creating an equitable and inclusive work environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, experience, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $147,000-$212,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $173,00-$235,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $147,000-$235,000. These ranges do not include equity, which is an essential part of brightwheel’s compensation philosophy. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.