The Category and Brand Management team is the central liaison for one ore more partners for working with CDW stakeholders across the organization, including sales, finance, and marketing. The Business Manager is responsible for managing multi-million dollar programs including VIRs, Coop, marketing spend, and Spiffs. This role serves as the product expert and business manager for the assigned partner and has subject matter expertise on their product, partner, and associated financials.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Engage regularly with assigned partner(s) to maintain an open channel of communication at all times to ensure that all CDW and partner stakeholders are kept up to date on any and all issues, initiatives, projects, meetings, or conferences.
- Provide subject matter expertise and evangelize a partner’s product line and associated programs such as Bid Desk programs, VIR, COOP and Category Penetration.
- Analyze complex industry information to identify and execute opportunities, and develop and execute strategies to increase sales.
- Develop and articulate competitive positioning and differentiation of brands.
- Develop and drive execution for marketing plans for partner in conjunction with Partner Development and Product Managers that outline target customer segments, products, promotions, pricing, positioning and complete launch plans.
- Identify training opportunities and educate pre-sales and Product Specialists on new product introductions, transitions, competitive advantages, and opportunities to identify sales within their customer base.
- Understand and communicate partner organizational structure with key decision makers and foster strong executive relationships.
- Communicate partners’ financial conditions and market new products related to the assigned partner.
- Manage and maximize overall profitability; managing financial benefits and develop and execute strategies around re-investing funding.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Engage with CDW Procurement to help forecast sales volumes.
- Represent and evangelize the assigned brand in meetings and speak to brand performance, category performance, program/promotion results, and current initiatives.
- Lead the Product specialists in creation and review of content for respective manufacturer ads.
- Provide comprehensive reporting and analysis, both internally and externally, on brand performance, category performance, industry trends, and market share.
- Host Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to review partner performance and discuss/lead joint initiatives.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Obtain and facilitate necessary partner and industry certifications.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years sales/marketing/project management experience, OR
- 9 years’ experience in sales/marketing/project management, OR
- 4 years CDW PPM experience and 5 years’ experience in sales/marketing/project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively and strategically engage with executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert financial and business acumen.
- Exceptional strategic agility and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven track record of driving results.
- Previous experience in the technology industry.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Marketing.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Pricing, Merchandising or Program Management.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.