At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The Client Partner oversees and cultivates client relationships that enhance Horizontal’s reputation, unlock mutual opportunities and drive sustainable revenue growth within a portfolio of accounts.
The ideal candidate has a fervent passion for transforming customer experiences through experience strategy and technical implementations. They have proven track record of managing, retaining and persistently expanding within their client portfolio – proactively guiding clients through meaningful changes, and directly impacting profitable y-o-y growth for their consultancy.
The Client Partner deeply understands their client’s business strategy and goals, within broader industry context, and can effectively aligning client needs with Horizontal’s service offerings to positively impacting our client’s business and their customer experiences.
The Client Partner has insatiable curiosity for navigating complex business and digital strategies, motivating and advising clients through significant transformation, while also contributing to a vibrant culture within Horizontal.
What you’ll do:
- Directly lead and manage a portfolio of multiple accounts, typically $6-10M
- Build advisory relationships that result in reputation and revenue growth:
o Ability to network within a client organization; create, own and expand the senior and executive relationships within a clients’ organization
o Able to navigate the complexities of a large organization
o Ability to conduct and create opportunities for advisory conversations through the power of executive presence, persuasive content and compelling business insights
o Own the 360-degree view of our clients (their organization, remit, reporting structure, goals, and financing).
o Lead client mapping activities — ensuring client relationships are nurtured with the ideal personnel from Horizontal
o Foster internal obsession with our clients’ business, experience, technology and brand goals amongst the Horizontal team.
o Lead the successful onboarding of Horizontal to client and client to Horizontal, including project kickoff and a seamless transition to delivery leadership.
- Drive organic growth and ensure account-level profitability:
o Ability to author and execute a 12–18-month strategic plan for each of your accounts, articulating, pursuing and landing opportunities to expand Horizontal’s footprint within the client organization
o Ability to build stewardship with clients, acting as their strategic consultant, solidifying relationships and ensuring profitable YoY growth.
o Manage quarterly revenue closely, ensure all opportunities are accurately reflected and forecasted, and uphold annual commitments.
o Lead scope definition across multiple complex client accounts – including shaping ambiguous asks into proposals and contracts, including defendable statements of work, but with a focus on achieving mutually beneficial outcomes for client and consultancy
o Maintain a thorough understanding of the Horizontal service offerings and cross functional areas to enable cross selling across capabilities — creating more sustainable and diverse portfolios.
o Establish relationships with platform reps (e.g., Sitecore, Salesforce, etc.)
Who you are:
- You are a customer experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges, and have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams in achieving digital solutions.
- You have a thirst for knowledge – especially business acumen – and thrive in creating commercially viable opportunities for the firm that drive growth for clients.
- You exude confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay optimistic despite multiple projects and goals, and thrive amidst an environment with multiple demands and rapid change.
- You see ambiguity through the lens of opportunity, rather than of concern.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other industry professionals.
What you bring:
- Exemplary stakeholder management and communication skills
- Proven experience in growing key and growth clients, of $6M+
- Ability to define and drive strategic vision and orchestrate and create consensus around ideas, concepts to then drive outcomes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills: ability to lead meetings and presentations with senior clients, as well as inspire, organize and create consensus around ideas, concepts and approaches internally.
- Experience with Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Experience Cloud, Core) and Sitecore and/or other composable DXP preferred.
- Strong financial acumen: skilled in forecasting and revenue management
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years of experience in a digital agency, consultancy or digital product development environment.
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.