Join the people helping people.
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. “Our Momentum. Your Moment.”
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
2 Remote Collections Supervisors needed starting May 1, 2023
Salary Commensurate with relevant experience
Target Salary Range (R350 Paygrade): Approximately 40,700 to 60k + Annual Performance Based Bonus
1st Vacancy Shift (Card Assets Sup): Monday- Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm EST
2nd Vacancy Shift:
Mon & Tues: 10:00am to 7:30pm EST
Wed & Thurs: 10:00am to 6:30pm EST
Friday: 9:30am to 3:30pm EST
The basic function of this position is to supervise the Collections staff in the Eastern and Western sites. Provide immediate assistance to the Collections Representatives to perform their daily tasks and meet departmental standards and deadlines. Incumbent is responsible for handling escalated calls from credit card members, training new representatives on their responsibilities and identifying future training needs. Incumbent will develop and manage present and new process initiatives regarding the auto dialer product. Incumbent will also perform various support duties to maintain smooth operation of the department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage daily to ensure the department’s standards are met or exceeded; monitoring agents to ensure performance is within department standards. Assist with coordinating all new business and custom requests with IT, Member Development, Support, Marketing, Member Services, and Financial Services. Collaborate with IT in accomplishing auto dialer communications objectives within the framework of overall goals and objectives.
- Manage the skip tracing unit within collections to include, managing the batch interface with a third party vendor, handling skip volume forwarded from the collection floor, maintaining productivity to meet unit standards on a monthly basis, ensure locate rates meet industry and departmental standards.
- Interface with staff and management at member credit unions, other PSCU departments, FDR, and third party vendors on problem escalation and research.
- Act as an escalation point for critical issues and problem resolution in researching and responding to escalated credit union inquiries regarding Collections and Teleservices. Maintain thorough understanding of FDR, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, and State Debt Collection Laws as well as telemarketing laws and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver performance evaluations and other employee reviews or coaching sessions as necessary. Conduct employee counseling and monitor corrective action as necessary. Regularly monitor calls to ensure quality of service and review daily productivity and schedule adherence.
- Analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly department statistics for trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Verify and maintain the representative’s timecards and productivity reports.
- Participate in continuous quality process improvement to promote operational efficiency as related to Collections and Teleservices.
- Perform other duties as assigned. 2 Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Individuals with a disability who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job may request a reasonable accommodation through the Human Resources department. Other Physical Demands None Supervisory Responsibility
- Provide direction and leadership to staff; guide, coach, mentor and develop staff ensuring compliance with processes and procedures
- Handle interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, compensation, counseling and termination of staff
- Develop and maintain staff by applying the necessary training and leadership that will allow internal growth and advancement
- Direct staff, to ensure that all duties are performed according to department performance standards
Education: Associate’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three (3) years Supervisory experience required.
- Understanding of credit collections and applicable laws (FDCPA and TCPA) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of First Data card processing system preferred.
- Certification of Avaya POM PDS, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Trust, and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment 3
- Strong organizational and time management s
PSCU is committed to pay equity and a competitive benefits package. The hiring amount for this position based on relevant experience and internal equity; the pay range is:
*Note: The amount shown is based on full time annual salary and would be prorated based on role.
In addition this position is eligible for an incentive plan, based on performance.
At PSCU, everything we do recognizes the fact that our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we are committed to a work/life integration that goes above and beyond to ensure that you have quality time at home with your family and/or to pursue outside interests and aspirations. We back this up with generous PTO, the opportunity to work remotely, flexible scheduling, and a management team that understands how to adjust when the unexpected curveballs of life happen.
Check out the comprehensive benefits PSCU has to offer that further solidifies our reputation as a company that just “gets it” when it comes to balancing life’s planned and unplanned events while equipping you with all the tools for growth.
- Beautiful, state-of-the-art campuses
- Endless opportunities for advancement
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical with telemedicine, no-cost diabetes supply program, and expert medical opinion services
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- 401k (with employer match)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with company provided contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Plan
- Mental Health and Well-being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental health and Well-being: Virtual mental health support and resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Back-up child care program
- Benefits are subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
If this position requires you, now or in the future, to perform your function or report onsite at a PSCU location or travel on behalf of PSCU, entry procedure and Covid protocols are in place that will require your adherence as a condition of employment. PSCU manages these procedures and protocols requiring your use of third party digital applications, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Please Note: For roles with certain levels of travel and/or company car usage, PSCU will require a completed Motor Vehicle Record Check, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance at time of hire and annually.
All applications are reviewed by an AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion HERE!
As a matter of operational management limitations and business administrative process parameters, remote position assignments at PSCU are geographically restricted to where PSCU currently operates. As a result, we are unable to proceed with applications from those state residents. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other available opportunities for which they qualify.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status , or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “EEO is the Law” Poster and the “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement. PSCU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the legal duty to furnish information.
For positions based out of our Phoenix, Arizona location, PSCU is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, PSCU has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to submit resumes via our careers page submission button If further assistance is required.