Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organisation, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a consultant- corporate relations to join our team. In this role, you will develop and execute strategies that influence major food companies to eliminate the cruellest supply-chain practises inflicted on farmed animals and help expand cruelty-free food options.
You will do invaluable work:
- Pursue opportunities and create effective strategies to influence food companies by working closely with your direct team and collaborating cross-departmentally
- Explore and oversee policy work with food companies, such as securing regional cage-free egg-purchasing commitments, ensuring implementation of global cage-free egg-purchasing policies, and introducing and supporting the addition of plant-based options to menus and product lines
- Develop a strong knowledge of the food industry to help create Mercy For Animals’ regional corporate engagement strategy
- Identify, research, and propose prospective corporate outreach targets
- Cultivate relationships with key executives at major food companies and other external stakeholders through email correspondence, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings
- Execute corporate campaigns and pressure tactics when necessary
- Maintain positive relationships and work collaboratively with other nonprofit organisations driving food industry policy changes
- Follow all human resource and operational procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned
Your qualifications will take our corporate relations to the next level:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working on corporate campaigns, preferably with a nonprofit organisation
- Experience in building relationships with companies, negotiation, sales, or related area
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness, and exceptional research and strategy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Deep understanding of key welfare issues related to animals raised for food
- Outstanding organisational, time management, and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of animal welfare and plant-based eating (preferred)
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organisation
- Commitment to continued personal, organisational, and movement-wide growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organisational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organisation. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalised communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
Upto 8 lakh per annum