Content Writer at Subscription E-commerce Startup
Smartrr’s product enables premium subscription experiences for direct-to-consumer e-commerce brands. Our mission is to redefine the e-commerce buyer’s journey, first by helping growing D-to-C brands deliver a customer-centric subscription and membership solution.
We launched our app in April 2021 and have experienced massive growth entirely through organic, word-of-mouth channels. Now that we have a firm grasp on our product-market fit, we’re building a world-class team who can execute our go-to-market strategy and get the word out about the Smartrr method!
At Smartrr you’ll have an opportunity to join a growing SaaS B2B marketing team and learn in a dynamic and exciting environment. As an early team member you will be granted a meaningful equity stake and help us define the future of our organization.
About the Role
This role is responsible for authoring engaging content to drive engagement with the DTC ecommerce ecosystem. Whether creating blog posts, knowledge articles or long form content pieces, you’ll be able to create content that connects with an enthusiastic and curious audience.
- Write and edit multiple content pieces per month such as case studies, press releases, podcast briefs, meta descriptions, blogs, newsletters, communications, etc.
- Interview thought leaders in the DTC e-commerce space
- Vet sources to share their expertise in our content
- Manage PR requests and ensure consistent brand messaging is being published
- Partner with sales to develop sales enablement to improve pipeline velocity
- Partner with product to ensure proper communication and marketing around all product releases and updates
- Pitch new ideas for content strategy
- Partner closely with Social Media Lead to promote published work
- Develop ad copy
- Repurpose existing content for ABM strategies
- 3+ years of experience in B2B marketing (experience in e-comm and/or journalism is a plus!)
- Strong understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem, decision-makers and competitive landscape preferred
- Comfortable working with deadlines
- Strong copywriting skills
- Proven success in a high growth B2B marketing team
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- Medical, vision and dental health plans
- 401k plan (with a match!) and commuter benefits
- Perks: Matched 401k, commuter benefits, One Medical membership, team outings, and more!