At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team of 90+ people who are passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As Todoist’s copywriter-of-all-trades, you’ll work on a very wide variety of copy – from creative and potentially long-form marketing content to clear, concise, and consistent UX writing.
You’ll utilize your top-notch writing skills to draft, edit, and publish multiple types of content like changelogs, emails, in-app copy, product and productivity guides, and more. You’ll also wear an editorial hat, collaborating on others’ drafts with an eye for consistency, brand tone, and storytelling.
The Todoist marketing squad is small but incredibly efficient and collaborative. You’ll work most closely with our Content Strategist, Growth Marketer, and Product Marketer.
On a Day-to-Day Basis You’ll
- Distill technical information into simple, clear copy for Todoist changelogs, in-app modals, buttons, emails, and more.
- Write engaging and informative copy for product guides, user stories, website landing pages, blogs, and more.
- Oversee – and improve upon – Todoist’s in-app copy ecosystem, working with developers and translators to audit and maintain the consistency (and delight!) of Todoist’s in-app copy.
- Work with product designers to reduce friction for Todoist users via educational, empathetic, and impeccably placed copy.
- Collaborate on Todoist’s emails, from lifecycle emails to What’s New campaigns.
- Maintain the style guide and warmly educate other Doisters about best copy practices.
- Suggest SEO improvements and content formats that will perform exceptionally at scale.
It’s important to us that the person we hire can thrive and be successful in this role. Ideally, you have experience:
- Writing various types of content and have a portfolio that clearly demonstrates this.
- Knowing when (and when not) to embellish copy with personality, humor, or lightheartedness.
- Editing content of varying lengths and comfortably providing feedback to both writers and non-writers alike.
- Collaborating closely and productively with colleagues with a wide variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- Successfully implementing SEO practices into your writing (and iterating upon those results).
- Repurposing one piece of content into several adjacent mediums (e.g. turning a blog post into a tweet thread, video, or in-app message).
- Using content analytics tools like Google Analytics and Ahrefs to inform your content strategy.
- Keeping track of projects with many moving parts and being highly detail-oriented.
- Working independently with minimal oversight.
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That’s okay! We’d still be happy to consider you. Here’s what the process will look like:
- Submit your complete application. This includes a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you’ll receive a response regarding the status of your application typically within one week. Don’t panic if it takes a bit longer, everyone will get a response.
- Value-alignment interview with Becky K. (Content Marketer).
- We’ll ask you to complete a paid test project.
- Test project and marketing interview with Naomi L. (Content Marketer)
- Culture contribution and values interview with Brenna L. (CMO)
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand Your Professional Skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft Your Ideal Work Environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on Your Well-Being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected] (managed by Andrew G. & Mitch N. from People Operations).