CIQ believes in helping people do great things. We do this by building strong communities for open-source software, innovating software infrastructure, and building the next generation of performance computing. Our software stack consists of Rocky Linux, the CentOS replacement, Apptainer, the container solution of choice for HPC, Warewulf, a provisioning and cluster management solution, and Fuzzball, our next-generation performance computing platform that is multi-cloud, multi-site, multi-cluster, and multi-node.
If you are interested in an environment built on ownership, diversity of thought, and pushing the limits of what is possible, then we would be interested in you.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Engineer to support our Enterprise customers. The Customer Support Engineer will manage technical support and service delivery of CiQ products with a focus on Rocky Linux Enterprise Support offerings. The ideal candidate will need to be familiar with various aspects of kernel support, including real-time, embedded, and virtualization. You will work side by side with the Enterprise OS Builds team on custom kernel builds. Other CiQ product knowledge will include Mountain, Apptainer, Warewulf, and Fuzzball. This role is customer-focused and requires excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers, managing their support requests, and ensuring timely and effective resolution of deeply technical issues.
- Developing a deep understanding of customer environments, use cases, and requirements to provide tailored technical solutions and advice.
- Working closely with internal teams, including engineering, product, and sales, to ensure customer issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Participating in Linux kernel development, debugging, profiling, and support.
- Working closely with the open-source community, engineering, product, and sales teams to develop relevant solutions.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction metrics and proactively addressing any issues to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Providing proactive guidance and support to customers, including regular check-ins, status updates, and technical best practices.
- Implementing and managing DevOps practices and methodologies, including AWX with Ansible, to improve delivery, quality, and reliability of customer solutions on Rocky Linux Enterprise.
- Participating in industry events and conferences to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
NEEDED TO SUCCEED
Successful candidates will have strong experience in Linux internals, user space, containers, Kubernetes, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes. A strong background in using shell commands for the effective management of Linux servers. Solid foundation in operating and managing Linux servers using shell commands. Well-versed in various Linux distributions and demonstrated the ability to oversee server health, perform regular updates, and troubleshoot issues as they arise. Hands-on experience in setting up, configuring, and maintaining Linux environments, ensuring optimal performance and security. Familiarity with Ansible playbooks and/or DoD STIG/SCAP/RADIX process is beneficial. Great problem-solving, debugging, and communication skills. Kernel-level debugging skills are beneficial. A passion for technology and a focus on automation. Understanding of open source development and community-based support models.Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a remote team environment. A friendly, empathetic, collaborative, humble, honest, and always striving to be better attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3-5+ years of experience in technical support, customer success, DevOps, or similar roles. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relative work experience. Proven experience with Linux internals, Kernel and User Space, and Systemd. Experience with fast-paced agile methodologies. Experience with packaging source, building RPMS, and deploying through package managers and ISO distributions. Experience with HPC and/or the Open Source community is preferred. Government security clearance is a plus.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (80% employer/20% employee)
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee stock options
- Remote work, no required travel for most positions.