About Big Huge Games
Originally operating as SecretNewCo, the company was founded in March of 2013 by a group of industry veterans (Civilization II, Rise of Nations, FrontierVille). Big Huge Games is dedicated to “Finding The Fun” through rapid prototyping and a focus on a great user experience. We’re a small, passionate team of experienced game development veterans, proudly located just north of Baltimore, MD.
Summary of Position
Big Huge Games is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to help support our CS team. You understand what creates a memorable customer service interaction and proactively identify and address customer concerns. You have a passion for gaming, understand how video games are developed and recognize the intricacies and nuances of gaming mechanics. Quality service should be second nature to you and your written communication should be stellar.
Our headquarters are in Timonium, MD. While we prefer MD-based candidates, with mutual agreement, we can accommodate a remote work environment for candidates from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Handle a wide range of customer issues and escalations requiring in-house tools and resources
- Create and maintain a customer-facing knowledge base of support articles
- Write targeted messaging for emerging CS issues and automated resolutions
- Assist with day-to-day questions from support agents at our outsourced contact center
- Manage CS issues with players and resolve those issues hands on
- Assist with investigating customer concerns, help implement new procedures and processes
- Track and manage GDPR & CCPA compliance requests
- Work with community team to diagnose player issues
- 1-2 years experience in Customer Service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and problem solving
- Interest in and understanding of game development
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Passion for video games and mobile gaming
Big Huge Games is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (hourly)
The base salary range for this position is $17.00 – $20.00/per hour.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
In some cases, compensation may fall outside of this range depending on factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.