A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That’s why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we’re creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Service & Support Team
The Thumbtack Service & Support Team brings the Thumbtack mission to life! We focus on providing a great experience to our users through building customer loyalty and helping professionals grow their businesses. Our team is responsible for managing the user journey by providing the best solution for each individual – both pro and customer. We focus on providing a great experience to our users through consistent, quality, and efficient voice and non-voice support. To be successful, it’s important that our advocates prioritize the most important work first in order to navigate our fast-paced service environment.
About the Role
The Customer Support Specialists create user experiences that are simple, valuable, and inspired. They are responsible for making sure that all professionals get best-in-class support whenever they contact Thumbtack Service & Support by addressing their concerns correctly and accurately, you will help set our professionals up for success.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services after completing our training and onboarding program.
- Participate in 30-40 inbound requests through the different channels (phone, chat, SMS, and email) daily with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done and grow small businesses
- Troubleshoot and resolve user inquiries with effective problem-solving skills, while building a relationship with the user and providing accurate and complete information. Always go the extra mile to engage our users!
- Maintain high-performance metrics including quality, adherence, resolution rate, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and net promoter score
- Engage and contribute as a member of the team through your active participation in coaching sessions, team meetings, team building activities, and other team and company events
What you’ll need
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1+ year experience in a customer service-driven role- BPO, shared services, related industry
- Experience working in a multi-channel (Voice, Chat, Email) environment. Voice experience is a must!
- Customer obsessed with an understanding of what it takes to provide a great experience
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, tech start-up environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Expert de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Adaptability and resilience for handling difficult interactions and frequent change
Bonus points if you have
- Experience handling escalated customer contacts to identify a mutually beneficial solution
- Sales experience
- Support Operations background (Supervisor, QA Analyst, Trainer, SME, etc).
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: [email protected].