Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In the last five years Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, and leading medical associations.
We’re now looking for another experienced Data Analyst who, working across multiple teams, will deliver impactful insights to improve our games, develop compelling dashboards and data visualizations that expand the use of data for decisions in the company, build data pipelines for reporting, and use advanced analytics to demonstrate that our games can teach — all towards the mission of improving healthcare through play.
Why You Should Join Us
- You’ll work on interesting projects that are important to the company. Some example projects: build data models and dashboards for web-streaming applications; identify features within games that improve retention and depth of engagement; Improve the efficiency of player acquisition; teach our clients about the decisions players are making in the games.
- We are excited to use the best tools. Our Stack: AWS cloud data stack, with Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Prefect, Tableau and Github.
- The team is supportive. We have a positive, collaborative team culture focused on learning, growth and discovering global, long-term solutions.
- We’re set up for a positive work-life balance. We use 2-week sprint cycles and 6-month product roadmaps to foster a sustainable work-life balance.
What You’ll Do with Us
- You will report to the Director of Data & Analytics, in the Engineering Department.
- Build compelling data visualizations and dashboards that track important KPIs related to new products, player behavior, marketing, and operations.
- Author and present impactful data analyses to influential partners who can make changes based on your insights.
- Collaborate with partners in product, marketing, sales, engineering, game design, and finance/accounting to solve important business problems using data and analysis.
- Write efficient SQL queries for analysis, and building data models for self-serve reporting pipelines and internally managed data applications, using dbt.
- Answer ad-hoc data questions for team members tied to support product decisions and client engagements.
- Define telemetry and identify data and structure needed to analyze mobile games with different design patterns.
- Validate data to ensure availability across live apps, client projects, and future projects, and collaborating with Quality Assurance to ensure telemetry is correct.
- Use statistics and predictive modeling to achieve more efficient marketing, a clearer relationship between gameplay and learning, more predictable products, and smoother running software.
- Document pipeline details, dashboards, changes to telemetry, metadata, and data models.
- Provide guidance, code review peer review to staff on a growing data & analytics team.
- Debug and improve code from reading logs.
- Collaborate as part of a data and analytics team at a growing startup.
Who We Want to Meet
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL for data analysis
- 2+ years of experience writing and presenting data analyses and data visualizations
- 1+ years of professional experience in building dashboards for reporting in tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Preset, or other tools
- 1+ years of experience with one or more open source data science languages – Python or R.
- 2+ years of experience working in a data & analytics role like data analyst, analytics engineer, data visualization analyst
- Experience using data, analytics, statistics, and predictive modeling to solve business problems
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; Dental, vision, and optional pet insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, and more!
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home- or choose a snack pack instead
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.