The Developer is responsible for the overall performance of the product through applying principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software. The Developer ensures timely delivery of high quality software within the release timelines and guidelines.
What you will be doing
- Develop code based on functional specifications through understanding of product code
- Test code to verify it meets the technical specifications and is working as intended, before submitting to code review
- Create and apply automated tests and test principles to software changes, including (but not limited to) unit tests
- Follow prescribed standards and processes as applicable to software development methodology, including planning, work estimation, solution demos, and reviews
- Assist and contribute to peer code reviews
- Read and understand basic software requirements
- Assist with the implementation of a delivery pipeline, including test automation, security, and performance
- Assist with team or product documentation
- Assist in troubleshooting and responding to production issues to ensure the stability of the application
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux development environment, working with open source tools/platforms
- Knowledge of build environments and delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of test automation and continuous integration tools
- Basic knowledge in software application testing tools, methodologies, and process framework
- Oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Collaboration skills, applied successfully within team’
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Driven to learn and stay current professionally
- Passionate, competitive and intellectually curious
- Sharp, fast learner with technology curiosity and aptitude
- Up to 10% travel time required
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $57,000 – $67,000 and eligible for bonus and benefits.
What you can expect next
- Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us!
- Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at [email protected].
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Volunteer Time Off. Wellbeing Initiatives. Career Development and Training. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program. Reach out to your Hyland Recruiter for more information.
Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.