Thimble is quick-thinking insurance for fast-moving businesses. We work hard to make it easy for 140+ professions like handymen, landscapers, DJs, artisans, and mall Santas (yes really) to get the insurance they need to take on every opportunity.
It’s the first business insurance provider that puts customers in control: small businesses of any size can get a policy by the job, month, or year from Thimble in minutes and modify, pause, or cancel anytime.
Thimble is simple, scalable, and flexible, which is why we made MONEY Magazine’s 2021 “Best Insurance for Small Businesses” AND we’re Fast Company’s #1 “Small and Mighty” Company. We’re also rated 4.8 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot and the App Store and have sold over 200,000 policies to more than 65,000 small businesses.
Founded by veteran entrepreneurs Jay Bregman and Eugene Hertz, Thimble is growing the $250 billion business insurance market by making it more accessible: 75% of Thimble customers are first-time business insurance buyers. For that reason and so many more, Thimble has raised over $45 million in backing from IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and other top venture capital firms.
For more information, visit thimble.com.
Our unique culture is built around our six core values:
Think Wild, Act Tame
Be relentlessly creative. Question everything. Get to know the rules so well, you can use them in new ways. Be the industry’s compliant radicals.
Green Means GO
Act. Move forward. Learn. You can only make a decision based on the best information you have – so make it.
Own Every Detail
Be ruthlessly precise. Disciplined. Sweat the small stuff.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
Get to the point. Make it crystal clear. Cut everything else. It’s our job to make insurance easy – however hard that is for us.
Every Moment Counts
Show up early and ready. Deliver on time or before. Make the most of your time, so others can make the most of theirs.
Treat every person, and their ideas, with respect. Cherish diversity.
About the Role
Thimble is seeking a Designer (Web) to join the Marketing Team and report into the Senior Web Designer. This role will focus on creating engaging web experiences that support business goals and drive value for the business.
This role will play a crucial role in working with and contributing to the design system as they create thoughtful design solutions for single page and overall site experience.
- Respond to business opportunities with thoughtful design solutions
- Bring creative ideas to the .com experience
- Use data and analytics to inform and validate design solutions
- Collaborate with other marketing team members to ensure designs support performance, SEO and content goals
- Be a positive culture-add to the Thimble team
- 3-6 years experience in a design role, exposure to fast-paced startups a plus
- Expertise in a suite of design tools including Figma and Adobe CC
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates creative UI ability, thoughtful UX and attention to detail
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Wordpress
- Experience designing responsive experiences
- An understanding of SEO and CRO as it impacts web design and development
- Knowledge of animation and 3d design tools is a plus
- What Success Looks Like:
- Acting collaboratively with content, dev and product marketers to create informed design solutions
- The ability to advocate for the best solution to a business or marketing problem during design reviews
- Ideating and pitching creative designs
- Using design to support business goals
- What You’ll Do in 30 Days:
- Understand Thimble brand and the design system
- Understand Wordpress configuration
- Learn about small business insurance and Thimble’s customers
- Meet your collaborators on the dev and content team
- What You’ll Do in 60 Days:
- Redesign several pages on Thimble.com
- Learn how the team uses analytics and how your first projects impact business goals
- What You’ll Do in 90 Days:
- Oversee QA and go live on your first designs at Thimble
- Take learnings from your first projects and apply them to design updates
-Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
-23 days paid vacation, 10 company-wide holidays, 1 VTO (Volunteer Time Off), and unlimited sick time
-Parental Leave: 100% paid 12 weeks and 2 weeks gradual return
-Ability to work remotely
-Company computer hardware of your choice
-Remote office/Work from home reimbursement
-Monthly co-working space and/or child care reimbursement
-Monthly wellness reimbursement & ClassPass monthly credit
-Other health & wellness perks including One Medical, Teladoc, Talkspace, Kindbody, and Health Advocate
-Early Fridays (no meetings after 3:00 pm EST) or Summer Fridays (out of office at 3:00 pm EST)
-Weekly happy hours, trivia, and fun!
-Generous stock options