Leapgen is a global digital transformation company shaping the Now of Work. We partner with enterprise leaders to better design and deliver workforce services and architect HR technology solutions that meet the expectations of workers and the needs of the business. Our areas of focus include HR Technology, HR Operations and Service Delivery, and Workforce Experience. Leapgen is founded on the core values of Love, Energy, Audacity and Proof. That means we:
- LOVE what we do, which
- ENERGIZES us and our clients to do
- AUDACIOUS things, and
- PROVE our success – early and often!
We’re smart, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re passionate about improving workforce experience and positioning HR to better serve people while acting as a strategic partner to the business. We think differently: transformation is constant, disruption should be healthy and strategic, and people and business are meant to be agile. As such, we encourage and expect our people to be innovative, to do different things. We challenge ourselves to stretch, adapt, learn and improve…constantly. Our customers will tell you we feel like a valued extension of their team because we are.
The Digital Finance Technology Strategy Consultant is a contract role to support delivery of digital Finance transformation as part of a broader Enterprise digital transformation. You will help to determine the right approach, plan and solutions they need to bring transformation to life. You’ll collaborate with Leapgen colleagues, clients, partners and project teams to ensure overall program success.
Responsibilities & Activities – What you get to do!
- Digital Finance Strategy
- Assess customer’s people, process, and technology practices to identify opportunities that will shape the design of their future state
- Develop subject matter expert (SME) interview guides and conduct SME interviews. Analyze interview findings.
- Develop architecture diagrams
- Support the development of process, technology, and data recommendations
- Support the development of a technology roadmap as part of a broader Finance / ERP transformation roadmap
- Partner with Leapgen Human Experience Designers (HXDs), Organizational Change Management Consultants, and Service Delivery Consultants to support how technology can enable Leapgen’s human-centered design approach
- Support the development of strategic deployment plans that include activities necessary to build and transition to new technologies
- Collaborate with the project team to support the identification of success metrics and plans to address resistance and reinforce change
- Review and fine-tune team outputs with a strong attention to detail to ensure all deliverables are client ready (e.g., consistent, accurate, correct)
- Solution Section
- Develop functional and non-functional requirements for new Finance and Procurement solutions
- Support performing a market scan to identify potential vendors for new solutions
- Gather data and intelligence to help identify a short list of vendors for the Customer to engage with to evaluate their solutions
- Develop scenarios for the vendors to use as a basis for their demonstrations
- Develop evaluation criteria and create evaluation scorecards to support Customer-Decision making
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Educate clients on best practices in Finance / Procurement Technology and Strategy
- Collaborate with HR and Workforce Tech Strategy consultants to deliver on the strategy, solution selection, and transformation
- 3+ years of experience as a Finance / Procurement practitioner, Management Consultant, Finance / Procurement Technology implementation Consultant, or Vendor Product Manager focused on Finance / Procurement Technology Strategy work
- State / Local Public Sector experience is highly desirable
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), including ability to effectively manage customer expectations and deliver presentations
- Understanding of Digital Transformation and various aspects of Finance functions and processes (e.g., accounting, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, payments, asset management, procurement)
- Understanding of how mindset, people, and process impact the way technology enables experience and the importance of designing for the workforce experience
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and technologies
- Proficiency with Google Apps
- Any of the following are plus:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Design thinking studies or certificate
- Role Type: Contract
- Start Date: Approximately May 1 2023
- Hours: Part-time, approximately 8-10 hrs/week
- Duration: Approximately 12 months
How to get started: If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Leapgen, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Leapgen makes an oath to protect people in the workplace. We are committed to reducing conscious and unconscious bias and fostering a judgment-free workplace that celebrates diversity. Here are a few ways we put this into action:
- We want you to shine through a great interview experience. When we reach out to schedule a conversation, we’ll ask whether you require any accommodation to make that so.
- We don’t seek culture fit; rather, we seek and welcome diverse ideas and perspectives that can enhance our culture, showcase new perspectives, and challenge our thinking. You can be you here.