MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul’s Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every body to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
The MyFitnessPal Product Team cares deeply about creating an experience-first culture. Our goals are instrumental in shaping the future of health and fitness through the discovery and execution of elegant digital experiences for mobile and web products. We collaborate and work closely with other designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers, data scientists, data engineers, and project managers to envision, design, and prototype new growth products, features, and initiatives. We are passionate about identifying and connecting with our target users and becoming their advocates to influence our products to meet their needs.
We are looking for a passionate Director of Data Products who can help us shape the future of MyFitnessPal’s data strategy, platform and products. You will interact with the partnership team, business development, data science, data engineering, and other market participants to effectively prioritize opportunities. You will have a blend of vision and business sense, with the ability to challenge the status quo and extract the uniqueness of MyFitnessPal. You will report directly to the SVP, Product and work very closely with the VP of Data Platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure MyFitnessPal’s data-related platforms, products and services improve our food data quality, mobile app experiences, and enterprise API strategy at a global scale
- Lead and set the direction for product data-related teams
- Perform market analysis and build product plans
- Respond to RFPs and assist in partnership situations
- Prepare product impact assessments and reviews with engineering groups, and estimate efforts
- Apply expertise in industry best practices to deliver high-quality products with cross-organizational dependencies
- Coach and advocate for your teaminspiring and elevating them to their highest potential. Provide regular feedback and guidance, setting a high-quality bar and helping other team members rise to it
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a Technology or Health discipline
- 10+ years of experience building data platforms and products
- Solid understanding of mobile apps and health space
- Experience with any of the following is highly preferred:
- Data management verification/validation tools
- Data provisioning (i.e., health data interfaces)
- Enterprise data warehouses
- Enterprise APIs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, and ability to gather and understand requirements in the health sector
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- Have an interest in growing as both a product lead and a teammate
- Passion for helping millions of people achieve their health and fitness goals
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.