We’re a team of bright, kind individuals who are motivated by challenge and who care deeply about achieving great things. We know our individual strengths, but believe we only win as a team. We’re transforming the way people find what they love – and we need your big ideas. We just might be the perfect fit.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find styles they love. Our technology teams have created unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage customer data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT to evolve our styling client experience. This includes personalized style discovery in close partnership with our data science team, stylist experience, and across our core Fix as well as Freestyle business. This high-impact role will be responsible for creating an inspiring vision and product strategy for our core styling experience and will play a critical leadership role in defining the future of the Stitch Fix client experience.
This new leader will bring expertise in conceptualizing new product experiences that solve real customer problems, a deep data-driven strategic approach, and exceptional cross functional experience working across teams to bring them to life for clients. This role is well aligned for highly strategic people leaders in the product space who have a passion for solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with creative solutions.
This Director of Product Management can be based in San Francisco, CA or remote in the USA and will lead a team of 5 product managers.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Deliver the product strategy and roadmap for the Stitch Fix core experience in conjunction with cross-functional partners
- Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role
- Build working backwards plans for new product experiences to align teams on the right client experience
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Managers creating an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust, and mutual success
- Be an evangelist for the Stitch Fix client, both internally and externally.
- Navigate diverse stakeholder groups while forming and sustaining trusted relationships
- Participate in deep product and technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building the right experiences that drive loyalty for our clients
- Influence leaders and teams to impact change across the technology organization
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU BRING…
- 10+ years of product management experience with 5+ years of taking new products and/or businesses from zero to one
- Prior experience leading teams of direct reports; managing “Managers” experience strongly preferred
- Strong product design experience delivering complex customer-facing features that drive tangible business value
- Experience transforming the complex into simple, meaningful, and strategic product milestones
- Sound business judgment and can easily communicate a business case for a new opportunity
- Technical fluency and a track record of partnering with engineering teams to build extensible and flexible systems
- Influence and alignment across cross functional partners while spearheading projects
- A strong sense of ownership, can roll up your sleeves and drive end to end product development for innovative customer experiences
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize in the face of competing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Specific abilities explaining technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and translating business objectives into actionable analysis.
- Experience building sticky, engaging customer experiences
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX…
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We’re changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.