Hazel partners with schools and families to provide physical and mental virtual health care that helps students feel better and get back to learning. As telehealth becomes more and more relevant in the lives of children, Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth. Our innovative response to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare has been recognized by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative places to work” in 2023.
Helping students and their families feel better takes a team of smart, dedicated people. As an integral member of the Hazel team, you will…
- Make an Impact: Work with a team that is increasing equitable access of quality health care experiences for students and their families
- Enable Scale: Work with a team that is building and professionalizing a high growth high impact social enterprise
- Feel Valued: Work with a team that is being compensated competitively, developed professionally, and celebrated frequently for making a meaningful difference
Check us out at Hazel Health Careers.
The Director, Talent Acquisition will play a pivotal role in our business and mission by building a world-class recruiting function. This role will shape our talent acquisition strategy, create an exceptional candidate experience, develop a recruiting playbook, build our recruiting operation and data systems, and lead a team in sourcing and recruiting diverse top-tier talent across business and technical professions.
The Director, Talent Acquisition reports to Hazel’s Chief People Officer, and is a crucial member of Hazel’s People team. Our top candidate is an exceptional recruiter, and a dedicated process- and data-driven professional who is committed to excellence in every aspect of talent acquisition. If you enjoy operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; are proactive, nimble, creative and flexible in thought; can adapt to complex and rapidly-changing environments or other ambiguous organizational structures; and possess an execution-oriented mentality, we’d love to meet you. This position will ideally be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, though remote locations will be considered (additional details below).
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy aligned with Hazel’s growth objectives, mission impact, and cultural values.
- Articulate and ensure a clear, consistent, inclusive, and positive candidate experience at all stages of the hiring process. Implement feedback mechanisms to continuously improve the candidate experience.
- Create a well-documented recruiting playbook that standardizes processes, ensures consistency and equity, and leverages the right industry practices that match Hazel’s needs. Oversee the end-to-end recruiting process, from sourcing to offer acceptance, and ensure efficient and effective operations. Build and optimize the use of recruitment technology and tools to streamline operations.
- Develop and maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, using metrics and analytics to inform decision-making and drive efficiency. Establish clear, measurable recruiting KPIs and metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Regularly report on key recruiting performance indicators to hiring managers and key leaders.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators. Create a culture of results, continuous learning, inclusivity, innovation, adaptability, and excellence within the team.
- Take on full-cycle recruiting responsibilities for critical roles as needed
- Provide strategic guidance and partnership to People team collaborators and cross-functional stakeholders on talent acquisition initiatives and best practices.
Skills & Experience that You’ll Need to Bring
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus
- 7+ years or proven equivalent experience in a leadership role in talent acquisition, ideally within the health and health-tech industries
- Clear track record of success as a recruiter
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong data analytics and reporting skills
- Experience building and leading successful, diverse talent acquisition teams
- Experience with a range of different talent acquisition methods, including in-house and outsourced
- Experience with programs to identify and attract distinctive and diverse talent, including targeting under-explored talent pools as well as recognizing and correcting selection practices that may have missed qualified candidates
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems (ATS) and recruitment software, ideally including Greenhouse
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Total compensation for this role is market competitive, with a base salary range of $165,000 – $195,000 with eligibility for bonus and stock options, a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid-time off, and a broad range of other benefits and perks. Peruse our benefits at Hazel Health Benefits.
Our Hiring Process:
At Hazel, we value your time! Because of this, we have intentionally designed our engagement process with YOU in mind. Our hiring process takes no more than 4 weeks by implementing a clearly defined timeline of events unique to each role and skill set. The Hazel recruiting team understands interviewing for a new job can be a big change; we are excited to guide you through this process!
We believe talent is everywhere, and so is opportunity. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Dallas, we have embraced working remotely throughout the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI. Please only apply if you live and work full-time in one of the states listed above or plan to relocate to one of these states before starting your employment with Hazel. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. Hazel Health values the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. We are proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the Fair Hiring laws. Learn more about working with us at Hazel Health Life.