AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoor platform in the world. We help people explore nature with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners worldwide. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has over a million 5-star app reviews.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation for the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build, coach, and grow a world-class product design team
- Help create a best-in-class product & brand that is ubiquitous with getting outside by setting new standards for visual and interaction design work
- Be a voice of our users and empathize with their needs
- Lead your own design work from conceptual ideas to simple, intuitive, and useful products on web, iOS and Android
- Work in a highly collaborative environment across product management, research, data, engineering, and marketing
- 10+ years of professional experience researching, designing, and shipping consumer facing products/features for iOS, Android, and web
- 5+ years of experience building and leading world-class UX Design teams
- An exceptional people manager who finds joy in building, coaching, and mentoring your team
- A passion for turning complex problems into elegant and engaging user experiences
- Outstanding product design sensibility and craft – excelling at UX, visual design and interaction
- Willingness and recent experience creating your own end-to-end design work – from concepts through post-launch learnings
- Experiencing applying learnings from research, metrics and usability to inform design decisions
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire
- Experience collaborating closely across functions – including Product Management and Engineering – to define, develop and optimize new product features
- Product sensibility – experience informing product roadmaps and feature prioritization
- Experience designing inclusively (ex. international, multi-language, accessible use cases)
- Humble, empathetic and open-minded – no egos
- Passion for the outdoors
- Bonus: diverse experience across large and small companies, as well as agencies
What We Offer:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits
- Trail Day: First Friday of the month to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Discounts on subscriptions and merchandise for you and your friends & family
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional
$180,000 – $230,000 a year
A successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on various factors such as skills, experience, training and credentials, as well as other business purposes or needs. It is not typical for a candidate to be hired at or near the top of the range of their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the factors and circumstances of each case.
AllTrails participates in the E-Verify program for all remote locations.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.