Mango Languages is looking for a remote independent contractor who can research, write, and edit online grammar content for our company’s repository of grammar resources. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate with our team of experts to bring the Mango learning experience to life.
Curious what your day-to-day tasks will be? In this role, you’ll be working with other Mango team members to research and develop grammar blog posts that provide our learners with insightful explanations to help them achieve their language-learning goals. We will also count on you to create gated content that will accompany these posts and clarify the grammar points even further, while at the same time supporting and expanding the learners’ knowledge.
Just like you, we settle for nothing less than the best. Together, we’ll work to ensure that the quality of the work is truly exceptional, that we create clear, helpful, and interesting content that speaks to our learners’ needs and increases engagement with our brand.
Are you up for a fast-paced, rewarding project that helps promote language and culture learning the world over? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Native American English speaker. For this position, we specifically need an American English native speaker who has a mastery of their language and a thorough understanding of grammar, idiomatic expressions, and dialectal differences.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in either of the following: English Language/Literature or Language Teaching
- Experience teaching English grammar or involvement in grammar book publishing, writing blog posts on grammar, answering grammar questions online, or any related skills/experience
- Expert use of search engines for conducting basic research
- Good writing skills
- Flexible schedule and availability of up to 10 hours per week
- Reliable internet connection and a technical understanding of collaborative online tools since all work will be done remotely and online
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Must work well in a team.
- Must love language, culture, and learning — we all do!
- Strong research skills
- Takes time to understand the big picture
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Strives for excellence
- You speak another language and can empathize with language learners and their struggles
How To Apply
- Step 1: Submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Step 2: Submit a brief video, no more than two minutes, introducing yourself and highlighting experience relevant to the role. The video can be done using any platform or technology. Please either add your video with your application materials here or email your video to [email protected]
- Step 3: In order to highlight your writing style as well as your grammar understanding, please answer the following questions, either by adding a link to a public document or by writing the answers under “Additional Information” in the application form: 1. What is a gerund? 2. What is the difference between the present perfect and present perfect continuous? 3. Which meanings does “can’t” convey? 4. Write a short paragraph (100-200 words) explaining what learners need to know about mass nouns.
- APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.