We are seeking a top-caliber professional with 0-3 years of experience who is passionate about entrepreneurship and believes in Endeavor’s mission to support entrepreneurs to catalyze job and wealth creation, and inspire entrepreneurship across Canada. This position will work remotely across Canada (hybrid in Calgary or Toronto) and closely with the Endeavor team and Board and its regional community of entrepreneurs with the goal to:
– Accelerate efforts to identify and select our region’s best high-impact entrepreneurs
– Support selected Entrepreneurs by leveraging Endeavor’s service model
We provide a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment for someone who enjoys challenges and is a self-starter. The Entrepreneur Experience Associate position has a unique opportunity to take a significant role in selecting and supporting Endeavor Entrepreneurs to help build the entrepreneurial ecosystem across Canada. In addition, this individual will also help shape the Endeavor brand and further its connection in the national and regional entrepreneurial ecosystems. Endeavor staff members have the opportunity to travel the world and interact with some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate executives.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Selection of highest potential entrepreneurs (40%)
- Support entrepreneurs through the Endeavor selection process through mentor research and outreach, meeting coordination, and detailed note-taking and follow-up
- Prepare entrepreneur candidates for Endeavor selection panels
- Prepare for, and participate in, local and international selection events
- Research and write high-quality entrepreneur and company profiles used throughout the selection process
- Oversee the upkeep of operational data on our candidate pipeline and portfolio of selected entrepreneurs
Acceleration of entrepreneur growth and impact through Endeavor services (40%)
- Help selected Endeavor Entrepreneurs grow faster and more effectively by proactively managing their required support through Endeavor’s services across Access to Capital, Mentors, Markets and Talent
- Anticipate and assess the needs of selected entrepreneurs
- Contribute to the creation of new entrepreneur services where required in the regional market
Expansion of the Endeavor brand and communications across the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem (20%)
- Share and amplify the Endeavor brand in the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Leverage our website, social media, newsletters, and other communication channels to promote Endeavor Entrepreneurs and the work that Endeavor does in support of entrepreneurs in Canada and worldwide, coordinating with the Global team as required
- Contribute content and design through social media posts and newsletters, create press releases for Endeavor’s digital channels, and align branding on internal Endeavor Canada materials
In addition, Endeavor is a values driven organization. So, we are looking for someone, who also embodies…
- Entrepreneur First: The Associate will be someone who passionately believes in the power of high-impact entrepreneurs to change the world for the better
- Go Big: The Associate will be someone whose curiosity drives them to dream (and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its People operations.
- Network of Trust: The Associate will be someone who can naturally build trust with Endeavor staff, regardless of their department or seniority. By the same token, they will be someone trusting, who sees the best in people.
- Pay It Forward: The Associate will be someone with a service-oriented attitude, who asks “What can I do?” before asking “What can I get?”
- One Endeavor: The Associate will be someone who thrives on working with colleagues in over 30 different countries around the world.
- Always Agile: The Associate will be someone who understands that it’s the planning, not the plans, that matter and therefore isn’t deterred by pivots or evolutions.
- Strong interest and passion for business, finance, entrepreneurship, and/or international development
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience in consulting, entrepreneurship, venture capital, business journalism, or finance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Entrepreneurship is dynamic – you must be too!
- A roll up the sleeves attitude: willing to go from interacting with executives and mentors one minute to taking detailed notes the next
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Generalist skills in digital media, design, marketing, and communications
- Strength in business areas and an understanding of finance, with an ability to identify and evaluate entrepreneurs, business models, growth markets and business trends and companies
- Familiarity with software products (GSuite, MS Office suite, Salesforce, Excel, Zoom, Notion)
- Familiarity with creative and social media tools (Canva, Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, major social media platforms, Wordpress) is a plus
The salary range for this position is between $45,000 to $60,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications. The position also includes bonus potential, part-time remote working days, an RRSP matching plan, and health benefits.