ConvertKit is a creator marketing platform built to empower creators to earn a living online. We help them own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our email marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
As an executive administrative assistant you will be a key member of the leadership team, and responsible for providing administrative support to our leadership team (VP of Product, VP of Engineering, and CRO).
You will be helping to ensure that our team runs smoothly and efficiently, by collaborating with the executives and their broader teams on a variety of projects, manage and streamline current and future systems, and provide support with communication, scheduling, reporting, and more.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous experience as an executive or administrative assistant for companies that are fast paced. You thrive with autonomy and are particularly good at building systems, managing moving schedules, and building strong relationships. You’re highly empathetic, able to understand the needs of others and proactively meet those needs without being asked.
- Understand the top priorities of our executive team and help manage schedules and daily workflows to optimize for those priorities
- Book travel, including proactive research and planning for meetings with customers, colleagues, and other strategic connections for our leaders
- Optimize schedules to create more focused work time
- Draft emails and other communications on behalf of the executive team
- Manage multiple email inboxes
- Assist with internal scheduling and coordination for the team for important events like Craft + Commerce annual conference, team retreats, executive in-person reviews, and board meetings
- Track and update our internal systems including vacation requests, weekly progress reports, approving bills for payment, and expenses
- Support and contribute to research projects and presentations
- Assist in the creation of regular reports of the team’s key data and metrics
- Plan and prepare for team meetings and take detailed notes during meetings
- Liaise and collaborate with executive assistants to handle requests and queries from the Executive Team
Strong candidates will:
- At least 3 years of experience as an executive or administrative assistant or in an equivalent role
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission
- Comfort with data, metrics, and creating reports
- Thorough experience with scheduling, organization, time management, and travel logistics
- Thoughtful, direct, and kind communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management skills – you’re not afraid of tight deadlines and you keep your work organized and outcome-focused
- Comfort handling confidential and highly sensitive information with discretion
- A calm, professional, and approachable demeanor when handling sensitive issues or tricky changes in priority
- Comfort making adjustments and changes on the fly with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Strong social and emotional intelligence – you enjoy cultivating relationships with all types of people
- Adaptable and flexible – you’re comfortable handling miscellaneous projects and duties as needed
A monthly retainer for 40 hours/week. The pay rate will be between $30 – $45 / hour, based on experience.
This contract is for 6 months, with the possibility of extending the contract for another 6 months.
How to Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what the full set of steps looks like:
- Written application
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A short homework assignment
- A technical interview to discuss the homework assignment and your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.