Join our fast-growing beauty brand and become a fundamental member of our team. We are seeking a Global Sourcing Manager. This role calls for an experienced sourcing professional who can contribute to our new product development component sourcing. You will work closely with Marketing & Product Development to ensure successful on time new launches. You strive to provide high level service both internally and externally. This is a senior position that is proactive and solution oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and wish to build and implement new product sourcing best practices. You are always looking for improvement opportunities, automation, and efficiencies. You will report to the VP of Operations. Share our passion for creating pure, effective, results-driven skincare that is safe for the planet and you!
- Partner with Marketing and Product Development to manage all new product launches and packaging development.
- Serve as the primary liaison between stakeholders and vendors in the end-to-end strategic NPD component sourcing process, including category/commodity analysis, supplier selection, continuity of supply, and contract negotiation.
- Proven understanding of procurement/sourcing/category management methodology
- Develop new component supply management strategies by which vendors are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (KPI, VMI, scorecards, performance metrics, etc.).
- Determine and recommend alternate supply strategies to create cost savings and/or supply support solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that purchased materials meet approved standards. Address any quality issues with the suppliers promptly, if required.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks related to NPD launch disruption.
- Primary point of contact to acquire and organize all pertinent product data related to our sustainability programs.
- Primary point of contact with component fill claim processing.
- Manage dual sources of supply as needed.
- Focus on continuous improvement building & expanding the NPD component sourcing excellence and best practices.
- Lead key strategic NPD component sourcing initiatives.
- Produce quarterly reports to senior leadership on values led sourcing initiatives, supply chain optimizations implemented, cost/benefit analyses, and sustainability achievements.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve our carbon footprint, becoming sustainable in all areas possible.
- Identify creative solutions to reduce costs while ensuring on time delivery of all new launches.
- Own continuous improvement and standards of the NPD component process.
- Managing NetSuite, item #’s & BOM data integrity to support efficient buying decisions & communication with CMs
- Place and execute purchase orders as specified by the NPLP plan to support new launches.
- 2-3 years NetSuite experience a must
- 4-year degree is preferred
- 5-7 years of supply chain experience, ideally within in beauty, cosmetics, personal care, or CPG industries
- 2-3 years experience with sourcing strategies, including global sourcing, and the ability to identify new reliable suppliers/sources
- Strong Excel skills required
- Excellent critical and analytical skills
- Independent strategic thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong multitasker – thrives under pressure and tight deadlines
- Organized, detail-oriented with excellent follow-up
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Base Salary Range: $80,000-$130,000 per year (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include work experience and skill level).
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: In addition to competitive salary, we offer a 401k and make a generous contribution to monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Paid Time Off: We work hard but also believe that taking time off from work is essential! We offer generous PTO and company holidays annually, plus a day off on your birthday!
- Employee Discounts and Product Credit: Employees receive 50% off of all OSEA products and $1000.00+ in product credit annually