Are you looking to gain experience creating new and innovative graphics? Are you looking for a part time position?
Ripple Effect is looking for a Graphic Design Associate with 2 years of experience to support our client’s mission. This role will work closely with our Communications & Outreach Division to create visually appealing marketing materials, videos, and multimedia to engage and inform target audiences. To do this, you will use a wide variety of software platforms to create new layouts for print and website presentations.
If this position sounds of interest, there’s a place for you here at Ripple Effect! We are a diverse, progressive, and engaging work environment. We offer a multitude of incentives and flexible work options that work for you and your lifestyle.
- Job Code: CAT-GD-02
- Location: Ripple Effect Headquarters – Remote, MD
- Employee Type: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, On-Call
- (Ask our recruiters about flexible work arrangements)
- Telework: Full-Time
- Number of Openings: 1
- Hourly Range: $24.00 to $30.00 per hour (how we pay and promote)
- Develop and maintain visual identity standards for project-related brands
- Stylize Scientific Reports in MS Word and Adobe Creative Suite
- Design Web elements such as banners, icons, featured images, etc.
- Develop a variety of communications collateral including PowerPoint Presentations, Infographics, Fact Sheets, Program Booklets, social media graphics, etc.
- Video editing, animation, and production
- Develop brands, logos, icons
- Create graphics repositories for blog posts and other digital media
- Graphics maintenance tasks (e.g. cropping photos, creating templates, vectorizing images)
- Develop style sheets and creative briefs
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Extreme flexibility with ever-changing demands and requirements of clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and strong internet search capability; Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop required; Fireworks or Dreamweaver optional; E-Learning software: Articulate optional
- Excellent relationship skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to work on virtual teams
- Good customer service and strong attention to detail are a must
- Must provide portfolio samples
To be successful at Ripple Effect, you must be able to pay attention to details, clearly communicate, work independently, and have an eagerness to learn. Learn more about what it takes to become a Rippler here.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Experience with illustration
- Experience with video animation and motion graphics
- Experience with WordPress, and designing for the web and web UX
- Experience in presentation layout design, and branding materials
- Experience collaborating with the federal government
- Experience with early education, child and family welfare, and public health
- Managed mid-size to large projects with tight deadlines
- Experience developing graphics for proposals
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
If you don’t have all of the skills above, don’t be discouraged—no resume paints a complete picture of a person. There’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think, so please apply!
About Ripple Effect
Ripple Effect is an award-winning women-owned small business providing professional consulting and exceptional talent for federal, private, and non-profit clients. We deliver multi-disciplinary solutions across communications & outreach, research & evaluation, policy & program management, digital transformation, and strategic staffing solutions with a focus on science, research, and healthcare domains.
Ripple Effect rewards our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits to a range of work/life programs based on your employment classification and personalized preferences.
Ripple Effect is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political affiliation, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know by contacting our HR department at [email protected] or your recruiter. Eligibility for employment will be verified using E-verify.