About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across most US states, 2 Canadian Provinces, and Mexico. We also have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
About your role
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to build the next generation of fund administration technology. Fund administration is Juniper Square’s newest and fastest growing business line, and you’ll be responsible for developing the technology that powers the operation of investment funds across the private markets.
Fund administration is a decades-old industry that is dominated by traditional financial services firms, and we have an immense opportunity for disruption. Legacy fund administrators operate in data silos with off-the-shelf accounting software, and collaborate with their clients via unstructured email threads and excel attachments. Juniper Square is building modern fund administration technology that is fully integrated, provides clients with real-time access to data, and structures collaboration via purpose-built workflows within our application.
As a senior member of the product development organization, you will develop a deep understanding of our customers, their business problems, and their workflows. Similarly, you will develop a deep understanding of our fund administration delivery team, their business problems, and their workflows. You’ll use this knowledge to refine our roadmap and lead product development projects from start to finish, working with engineering, business, and operations teams to successfully launch new features.
What you’ll do
- Develop deep empathy for our customers’ needs and pain points via close collaboration with colleagues from our product, sales, customer success, and operations teams, as well as with our customers themselves
- Build and maintain a prioritized roadmap that ensures we are investing our R&D resources in the areas that will have the highest business impact
- Create innovative specifications and designs in collaboration with product designers, in order to ultimately solve customer problems with a focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and capability
- Collaborate with engineers to build effective and scalable solutions in software
- Work cross-functionally with product marketing, customer success, operations teams and more to roll out new capabilities, assess usability, and drive adoption
- Ship features and improvements frequently and iteratively, and motivate those building solutions with an understanding of the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ in order to inspire their ownership of the ‘how’
- Serve as a leader within the product management organization, setting a good example in your everyday actions, and providing mentorship to junior members of the team
The role is best suited for a product manager who is passionate about technology and working with developers, while also excited to interface with customers and cross-functional partners (e.g. sales, marketing, and operations teams) within Juniper Square.
We would love to find someone in the San Francisco or Denver area who is open to occasional in-person collaboration.
- 7+ years of experience in product management role
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or quantitative field, or equivalent schooling or training
- Demonstrated ability to define and ship complex products in an iterative, agile manner
- Comfort working with a range of levels, from envisioning entirely new products to mastering details and edge cases
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences through writing and live presentation
- Familiarity with finance and investment concepts is valuable, but not essential
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. The U.S. base salary range for this role is $160,000 to $220,000 USD and the Canadian base salary range for this role is $215,000 to $300,000 CAD. Actual base salaries will be based on candidate-specific factors, including experience, skillset, and location, and local minimum pay requirements as applicable. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend