Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!
Omnicell is seeking an Instructional Designer for its office in Cranberry Twp., PA. The Instructional Designer will design and develop instructional materials primarily for product-related training courses that support the company technical products. In this role one will demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Design and develop product training materials to support customer training programs
- Work with subject matter experts and target audiences at all levels to determine training objectives and outcomes
- Write content from technical specifications prepared by engineers
- Create and produce training deliverables such as e-learning courses, training videos, workbooks, facilitator and participant guides, job aids, hands-on exercises, etc.
- Develop various types of deliverables for e-learning, virtual, and classroom training
- Update training programs as necessary to meet the changing business needs
- Lead projects independently from start to finish
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication, writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced technical environment with changing priorities
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinker with a good eye for design and presentation
- Able to quickly learn new software and functionality of our products
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design and delivery, adult learning theories, and training evaluation
- Knowledge of curriculum design, storyboard development and document design
- Advanced knowledge of web-design, graphic-design (various graphic file formats and format conversions), and layout tools
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years of instructional design experience or
- High School Diploma/GED with 8+ years of experience in instructional design
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Snag It
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design/Media/Education
- Video production, post-production (editing In Premier) and multimedia design
- Design and delivery to an LMS/LCMS (AICC, SCORM)
- Working for a medical device/software company (knowledge of medication/supply automation)
- Designing training for medical personnel (nursing, pharmacy)
- Conducting training sessions (virtual and classroom)
- Experience with In Design, Illustrator
- Office Environment
To protect our employees and those who spend time at our facilities, and as may be required by our customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption from Omnicell as an accommodation for a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.