Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking to add an Inventory & Fixed Asset Accounting Manager to join our Finance department. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to our office in Reading and London.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up at a pivotal point, where you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the success and growth of the finance function within an ambitious commercial electric truck manufacturer.
What you will do:
This is a newly created role will report to the Financial Controller. You will oversee and manage the business’ inventory and fixed assets across UK & Europe and ensure accurate reporting on the company’s balance sheet. You will also have the autonomy to take the lead on the development of the required processes for ongoing management of this area.
- Lead the development and implementation of inventory control procedures to minimise losses and ensure accuracy of inventory records
- Manage the scrapping process of fixed assets, including the identification of assets that reached end of life and no longer in use
- Review monthly fixed assets reconciliations, WIP analysis and liaising with the different departments to ensure all project costs are recorded accurately
- Conduct regular audits of inventory and fixed assets to identify potential discrepancies or irregularities
- Review monthly rolling Capex forecast and assist FP&A with annual budget and forecast process related to Capex
- Take the lead with interim and year-end external audits
We would like you to have:
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA (Technical) qualified
- Proven and demonstrable experience in inventory and fixed asset finance management
- Significant experience and knowledge of Capex management
- Knowledge and experience within automotive manufacturing is highly desirable
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, Power Bi and other accounting software/systems
- Additional languages is highly desirable (German) and prepared to travel to Germany, France once per quarter
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.