We are actively seeking a talented Java Developer to join our friendly Integrations team, who are responsible for developing REST APIs to integrate our world class SaaS solution onto customer environments.
You will work as part of an Agile Scrum team alongside developers, QA Analysts, a Product Owner and a Scrum Master.
This is genuinely a fantastic opportunity that would possibly suit someone looking for their next challenge in the industry, where you will gain real life experience working with GCP and Microservices technologies.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with your team to implement and deliver sustainable solutions following best practice methodologies
- Build back-end microservices written in Java to run on Google Cloud Platform
- Write code using a test-first/TDD/BDD approach maintaining a high level of automated test coverage
- Collaborate with DevOps in building a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis
- Apply coding best practices and help to evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
- Perform code reviews and work with the team to ensure work is delivered to a high level of quality
To be considered, we are seeking Developers / Software Engineers with the following experience:
- Good Java development skills using modern Java, Java frameworks and associated build and dependency management solutions
- Have a passion for adopting good on object-oriented design principles, best practices, patterns and clean code development
- Experience building container-based java solutions with REST APIs
- Experience (2+ years) building server-side applications
- Proficient at writing TDD code with a high level of test automation preferably following a BDD approach
Any experience in the following would be deemed advantageous, although not essential as we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the aptitude to quickly develop new skills:
- Experience with some or all of the following: cloud based server-less technologies, message queues, caching technology, object storage solutions, data storage solutions (e.g. relational, NoSQL, graph), API gateways and container orchestration platforms such as Google Kubernetes Engine
- Experience with CI/CD, build tools and Git based source control such as BitBucket
- Experience with unix style shells and commands
Work’s a treat
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays – we understand the importance of you getting some down time.
- Annual Wellbeing Day – enjoy an additional day on us to look after your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Pension Scheme – helping you save towards your retirement home in the sun!
- Corporate Medical Cash Plan – claim back the cost of your medical treatments.
- Smart Working Options – spend up to 40% of your working week from home.
- So many savings – through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme – our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you’re happy, we’re happy.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – save on the cost of biking to work.
- Monthly Employee Awards – Employee of the Month programme with £250 bonus
- Raising money for charity including a paid Volunteer Day – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme – know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for a putting a good word in.
- Wellbeing Programme – giving you the opportunity to join regular, interactive Wellbeing Workshops or join our 30 plus Wellbeing Champions.
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave – support for you and your family to help you navigate through the craziness of family life.