Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, creating meaningful work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes powerful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
The elevator pitch. Bring design capabilities, curiosity, and resourcefulness to our small, but mighty team of in-house marketers and makers. This role will be working highly cross-functionally with our senior designers, lead copywriter, and creative marketers across both brand and content marketing campaigns, in-app artwork, social media, consumer products, strategic presentations, and brand partnerships. You’ll be leaning into creation, iteration, design, and production of assets for the brand.
You have experience working with brand guidelines and learning from other senior-level creatives. You are excited to work across a variety of projects at various levels from building decks to design work to finalizing assets for the broader team to leverage. You have a knack for creating a variety of visual solutions to various assignments and are interested in how creative connects back to performance.
- Work in collaboration with other designers and art directors on the team to share creative inspiration and up-level work across the brand touchpoints
- Partner with the in house copywriter, designers, photo producer, as well as with agencies and freelancers in the development of assets and campaign activations
- You’re a stakeholder for how the brand shows up visually across touchpoints
- Deliver thoughtful design solutions for creative tasks
Who You Are:
- 1+ years in design or creative agency or in-house experience
- You have a strong portfolio full of polished design solutions across a variety of touchpoints
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- Interest in concepting, designing and launching creative designs for social media channels
- Comfortable designing in Figma, deck building in Google Slides, and Adobe creative suite
- Any animation/illustration/motion skills are a plus
- Seeks out inspiration early in the process and proactively ask for feedback as you develop your ideas. Approach feedback with a sense of curiosity; find opportunities to make your work stronger. Be an active participant in team meetings and critiques
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.