Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operate in 190 markets around the world.
About the Business Development Team:
The Business Development Team supports seller acquisition and revenue growth. The team crafts strategic deals with big ecosystem players to extend eBay’s reach. Our goal is to rapidly increase eBay’s footprint, deliver significant business growth for our sellers and offer all the inventory our buyers expect.
At eBay, the Business Development team is central to the strategic growth of our company. Composed of individual teams that handle strategy, new business initiatives and partnerships, the department leads a supply-focused initiative that works with brand partners, retailers, and power sellers to secure new inventory and widen exposure.
Business Development at eBay is made up of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance
We are looking for a Lead Business Development Representative (Lead BDR) to accelerate growth in one of our focused category efforts in the North American market. The ideal candidate will be both passionate and proficient in one of the following categories: fashion, jewelry, streetwear and/or sneakers, automotive parts and accessories, electronics and/or refurbished goods or collectibles of any sort. Experience and existing relationships in the correlating category is necessary.
At eBay, Lead BDRs manage the end-to-end business development strategy (prospect/engage/onboard/expand) related to new sellers and onboarding new supply on the eBay platform. Alongside cross-functional category partners, they develop and implement inventory acquisition strategies to increase the number of sellers, amount and quality of inventory, and deliver an industry leading selection designed to meet strategic marketplace efforts. Prospect and customer pitches, delivering data-driven messages, market insights and competitive consultation is a large component of the day to day. Lead BDRs also provide guidance, direction and mentorship to peers, and more junior BDRs supporting the same category to ensure seller and internal partner success.
Someone who enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in sales environment focused on strategic relationship building will be successful here. Documented success of owning supply acquisition strategies and winning deals in your pipeline will set you up for success. eBay’s Business Development organization is a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. This role will require project management, cross functional team collaboration, and a strong ability to formulate vertical strategy.
- Build Business Development strategies and value propositions for target prospects. Partner with category team and analytics team to understand inventory gaps and align on strategy to close inventory/supply gaps Develop creative solutions to identify new prospects and build a strong pipeline.
- Research the latest trends in the assigned category and industry and create new opportunities to expand business.
- Build trust and cultivate long-term relationships with new customers (B2C manufactures as well as C2C sellers and influencers) via lead generation, pipeline management, deal closing and contract negotiation.
- Deliver pitches, through business meetings and one-on-one conversations, internally and externally, using data and insights to articulate value and decision making. Lead reporting on progress throughout the BD process.
- Close contracts with new sellers as needed per company guidelines and policy.
- Attend networking events and conventions.
- Mentor and guide transactional Business Development Reps, working alongside the Lead BDR in the focused category.
Who You are:
- Passionate and fluent in a specific category as a SME, with documented relationships and success in sales execution.
- Experience operating in a business where confidentiality, discretion and integrity are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a natural communicator and influencer.
- Able to work with a range of teams and working styles.
- Self-motivated and self-directed creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Goal-oriented, project manager who displays a sense of ownership and urgency, bringing energy and optimism to the team to keep momentum on programs and projects moving positively. Hyper focused on time management, self-motivated and accountable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
- 4+ years of previous experience in business development, sales, or related field
- 2+ years of specific category industry domain experience
- Excellent industry knowledge of key players in the category industry
- 4+ years in an e-commerce related position
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce CRM, Outreach, and ZoomInfo a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.