ABOUT YOU is a company driven by the passion to develop the best tech products. Currently, we are searching for an experienced and passionate Lead Developer Full-Stack (m/f/d) to join our team within the ABOUT YOU Commerce Business Unit. You will be working on exciting topics such as rebuilding one of our most important internal applications to support the continuous growth of our assortment, expansion into new business models and steering of our warehouse infrastructure.
As part of this role, you will lead a team of highly motivated developers, architecting the new applications and software solutions whilst consulting the developers and helping them build the most efficient solution for their tasks. Additionally, you will ensure that our teams have sensible defaults and access to valuable resources to build upon.
Some of the upcoming challenges we want to address are:
– Rebuilding the application using a state-of-the-art technology stack
– Empowering developers to take on more responsibilities within your team
– Building proof-of-concepts (PoCs) to support your ideas
– Constantly monitoring your application to improve (cost) efficiency and performance
What you will do
- Lead a world-class team of Full-Stack Developer
- Promote best practices like coding standards, continuous delivery, and data modeling
- Automate and standardize processes to ensure the scalability of our flexible API solutions
- Take responsibility for the availability and smooth operations of your application
- Monitor our infrastructure in integration, staging, and live environments
- Manage resources and services in a cost-efficient manner
Who you are
- At least 5 years of experience in Fullstack Software Engineer or related roles
- Good knowledge of Laravel (alternatively Symfony), and Vue.js
- Experience with major cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Proficiency in Linux OS
- Experience using monitoring tools like Sentry, NewRelic, Kibana, or Datadog
- Understanding and interest in the security aspects of running a cloud infrastructure
- Eagerness to automate tasks as much as possible
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
Experience in Inertia.js
Coding knowledge in Golang, Python, or PHP.
Experience using a broad range of AWS technologies such as EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, CloudFormation, ElastiCache or CloudWatch.
- Grow together with one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Company flats (subject to availability)
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Free access to Germany’s greatest developer conference code.talks
- Company pension scheme
- Help in relocation and VISA process
*Please find free fruits, drinks and coffee in our lovely Hamburg Office / HQ
YOU ARE THE CORE OF ABOUT YOU.
We take responsibility for creating an inclusive and exceptional environment where all genders, nationalities and ethnicities feel welcomed and accepted exactly as they are. We believe that a diverse workforce essentially contributes to the ABOUT YOU culture. In order to maintain talent and diversity, we emphasize the care for physical health, mental health and overall well-being. Our values and work ethics essentially contribute to our brand mission: empower acceptance and shape an inclusive, fair and circular fashion culture.
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents.