Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About Product Design at Headspace Health:
We’re a small team of Product Designers at Headspace Health that are incredibly passionate and ambitious about improving the health and happiness of the world. Creative excellence is core to our work and we believe in the power of design to positively influence the way people interact with themselves and the world around them. You’ll have the chance to solve complex design and product problems working on cross-functional teams with other designers, researchers, content producers, product managers, engineers, member experience specialists, and more. At Headspace Health, designers do not work in solitude.
About the Lead Product Designer role at Headspace Health:
Headspace Health is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our human-centered product design team. Working with passionate and creative cross-functional teams, the Lead Product Designer will play a critical role in delivering against our company vision.
As a Lead Product Designer at Headspace Health, your holy grail is creating an ideal and impactful user experience across our mobile app and web product. This involves developing a deep understanding of our users’ needs, behaviors, and contexts in order to design features that fit their real, everyday lives. You’ll embark on research projects, develop new design concepts, and work closely with other designers and developers to experiment and ultimately bring abstract concepts to life. Beyond the product, you’ll also collaborate with folks on the brand and the business side to ensure a cohesive experience across the entire Headspace Health journey.
As a designer, you have a natural curiosity about human behavior. You like running experiments and user tests, knowing that good design comes from a process of continuous making, testing, learning and, iterating. You’re a collaborator; you have an ability to work well with others, bridge gaps across teams, and involve others at every stage of the design process.
You can think on micro and macro levels, approaching complex problems using a balance of brainpower and intuition. You’re able to think about the big picture, mapping out system architectures, user flows, and content taxonomies. At the same time, you’re happy to roll up your sleeves and sketch out an interface or write a few choice lines of copy.
Above all, you’re an advocate for our users and you always keep them at the center of your design process.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, brand designers, content producers, and product managers to build and test new experiences that will have a direct impact the mental health and wellbeing of our members
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our existing consumer product
- Help set a vision for the user experience and create a space for others to collaborate
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches
- Balance customer experience and business impact with speed and quality; design for business outcomes while remaining customer-focused
- Drive accountability for designers on the team, which includes full team participation in crits, reviews and ensuring releases meet design specs
- Lead cross-functional idea generation sessions and brainstorms
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to stakeholders through design storytelling and by demonstrating a human-centered design approach & hypothesis driven process
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 7+ years of relevant design experience
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates vision, innovation and story-telling skills
- Background designing for or personal interest in Healthcare, mental health, meditation, or mindfulness
- Some people management experience is a bonus
Desired skills & traits:
- Very strong experience using Figma
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Love of iterative development
- You are passionate about building inclusive design practices
- You love educating and mentoring others
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong visual design skills
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- You are technically-minded, interested in code as the material digital products are made of
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to design systems
- You think of interfaces as dynamic and love thinking about motion and flows
- Expert knowledge of platform-specific interface patterns and behaviors
- Excited about envisioning the future of our consumer experience
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- You are accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment, where experimentation and testing are valued
- You are intimately familiar with the capabilities and constraints of several of today’s and tomorrow’s digital devices and platforms
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.