Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About The Role
The Taskrabbit Legal team is focused on minimizing risk while getting to yes, prioritizing growth and finding ways to partner efficiently as we globally scale the company. We are creative problem solvers who prioritize a sense of humor and the ability to get our work done. We are looking for someone to help support our commercial and data privacy efforts. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization including Product, Marketing and Partnerships. This is a great opportunity to join a growing Legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including but not limited to NDAs, MSAs, technology agreements, partnership agreements, and privacy and processing agreements.
- Draft and improve contract templates, processes and procedures for contract management.
- Develop and implement improved procurement processes, templates and policies.
- With paralegal support, maintain Taskrabbit’s contract management system; support and train the business teams to use the system.
- Help maintain and improve upon Taskrabbit’s global privacy, data security and compliance strategy through the drafting of policies, procedures, guidelines and templates.
- Counsel Taskrabbit’s business teams (e.g. Partnerships, Marketing, Operations and Product) on ways to reduce or prevent legal risks by providing practical solutions-focused advice in a commercial environment.
- This is a small legal team so you will have ample opportunity (and be expected to) pitch in and work on matters outside of your core responsibilities.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience at law firms and/or in-house.
- A member in good standing with the California or New York State Bar (or qualified for or willing to apply for and maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with the California State Bar).
- A strong track record of drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements, with the ability to identify and analyze core legal issues.
- A working knowledge of data privacy laws and regulations (CCPA/CPRA and other U.S. state privacy laws, GDPR, e-Privacy Directive, etc.) with the ability to deliver privacy advice to a range of stakeholders and business functions.
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement abilities with strong written, presentation and communication skills – you work effectively in cross-functional teams and are open-minded, inclusive, and flexible.
- You embrace ambiguity, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable working flexibly under pressure or with tight deadlines.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Last but definitely not least, you have a great sense of humor.
Compensation & Benefits:
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $135,000-$188,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.