Worlds.org is a remote-first studio and R&D group creating novel tools & multiplayer experiences using Unreal Engine 5.
With a war chest of >$8M in VC funding, we are building a lean, remote-first of creative technologists to delight players and push gaming technology to its limits.
As a Level Designer, you’ll be responsible for creating engaging and dynamic maps that enhance the player’s experience, fostering thrilling combat mechanics, and making significant contributions to our upcoming titles. Your role will heavily involve rapid prototyping and building blockout levels to enable quick testing and iterative design. Reporting to our lead game designer, this position is pivotal in not just making maps but will also have a voice in shaping the design, mechanics, and overall player experience.
- Create immersive and exciting multiplayer maps tailored for first-person shooter gameplay.
- Define and refine game mechanics to provide a rich and seamless combat experience.
- Utilize rapid prototyping to create blockout levels for swift testing and iteration.
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering teams to bring levels from concept to polished product.
- Contribute creatively to the development of future Worlds titles.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine 5. Prior experience with Unreal Editor for Fortnite is a strong plus.
- A comprehensive portfolio showcasing your level design skills and creativity.
- Strong understanding of the FPS genre and future trends.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex game concepts to a diverse team.
- The capacity to work efficiently and productively in a remote work setting, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, maintaining high standards of work and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working on at least one commercial project.
– Industry-leading compensation + equity package
– Accelerated promotion and senior leadership opportunities
– Remote work, no ‘camera-on’ policy for meetings
– Worlds.org operates on a remote-first basis. The position is fully remote and open to candidates worldwide.
– Flexible hours + unlimited vacation
– No internal emails or Slack
Please Note: All email communications from Worlds use the domain, Worlds.org. Any mail originating from another domain claiming to represent Worlds is fraudulent. Any emails coming from the domain “worlds-jobs.org” are fraudulent. The Worlds hiring team only interviews candidates via Google invites from email addresses with the domain Worlds.org. We will never ask a candidate to download 3rd party software to their phone or computer, nor will we ever ask a candidate for their banking information.