At WTW, our purpose is to transform tomorrows. We provide data-driven, insight-led solutions in the areas of people, risk and capital to propel the world’s leading businesses forward. We fuse our passion, intelligence and imagination to make real impact – confident that behind every one of us is all of us.
As a Benefit Advisor, you will have the rewarding opportunity to speak with Medicare eligible participants across the country to assist them in selecting insurance plans that meet their needs. You will spend approximately 70% of your day in phone conversations with participants exercising patience and knowledge with caring explanations to enroll them in healthcare insurance products.
This is a full-time temporary role that runs until the end of each year. We do ask our highest performers to stay on after the enrollment season to perform additional seasonal roles based on business needs which may lead to additional opportunities for advancement within Willis Towers Watson.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity. Although this role is open for remote work, you must be a current resident of Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Louisiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Virginia, Wisconsin, or Wyoming to be considered for this role.
- Use a consultative approach to listen and assess the retirees insurance needs and appropriate eligibility
- Conduct eligibility and needs analysis to determine suitable plan
- Effectively and empathetically communicate the costs and benefits of multiple insurance plans over the phone
- Make plan recommendations based on participants individual needs and assist the participant with the decision-making process
- Work through scheduled and inbound calls with patience and an emphasis on service, not call volume
- Work as a team player in a diverse, professional call center environment
- Adhere to all legal regulations
You are excited to learn new things, have strong computer skills, and are self-motivated to always improve. You have patience and the ability to listen and recognize the needs of participants, even when they are unable to clearly articulate what is important to them. You are able to change your communication style based on the region of the call, the client, and the medical needs of the caller. You overcome objections with knowledge, patience, and understanding, and enjoy meeting new people by phone!
You will attend a virtual two week training class and then perform a week of nesting with your new team.
- Active Life and Health Insurance license is required
- After your first day complete required certifications to represent local and national insurance carriers
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone
- Ability to learn new proprietary computer systems
- Experience in a sales consulting environment preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance documents, detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices, and contracts
- Life/Health Insurance certification a plus
- High School Diploma or GED required, College classes a plus
Willis Towers Watson operates in a highly regulated environment; you will be required to complete an extensive background check in order to be licensed as a Benefit Advisor.
Work from home requirements: Equipment provided!
- All applicants will be required to have a separate confidential and distraction free workspace so you can focus on delivering excellent customer service to our participants
- The applicant will secure and be responsible for paying their own internet expenses to include a minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/s and a minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Wired Ethernet connection that meets upload and download speed requirements as noted above
- Applicants will be required to work during their assigned shift time which does include specified lunch and break times
- Hardware and software requirements and additional guidelines provided during the interview selection process
Willis Towers Watson maintains a diverse working environment of dedicated associates, in an open call center layout. We utilize the latest in technology, and top of the line computer and telephony systems. We reward our associates with competitive hourly rates, monthly bonuses, team competitions, and raffles. We have a variety of shifts available. Each year we invite top performing seasonal associates to join our team on a year round basis, or invite them back for the following season.
Personal information provided connection with this opportunity is subject to Willis Towers Watson’s Applicant Privacy Notice.