As a Live Chat Sales Specialist, you will join the WPForms team in Awesome Motive. As a Live Chat Sales Specialist, you’ll help curious business owners understand how WPForms can help them create forms to create surveys, build their email lists, collect payments, and many other exciting forms for their websites. You are motivated to ‘Helping Small Businesses Grow & Compete with the Big Guys’.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in “How to Apply” at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out 🙂
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re an extrovert, optimistic, creative, and care about customer’s interests.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- During your first 3 months, you’ll spend the majority of your time learning about WPForms so you can accurately answer questions about it. You’ll also shadow our existing Live Chat Specialists and start chatting with visitors directly.
- After that, you’ll spend 70-80% of your time chatting with visitors to our website via our chat software (LiveChatInc). You may also be required to have demo/sales meeting with prospective customers via Zoom/Google Meet.
- You’ll also assist in establishing the sales goals metric and strategies to achieve them successfully.
- With the rest of your time, you’ll work on one small “rock” each quarter. A rock is a project that helps us move closer to accomplishing our annual goals. You’ll have input into what rocks you’re assigned.
- You’ll use a consultative selling approach to guide visitors through the decision to purchase WPForms.
- When appropriate, you’ll recommend upgrades, or cross-sell other WPForms suite of products.
- Your voice will impact the WPForms marketing plan and product roadmap, so it’s important to share your thoughts. Your input will help us make sure we understand the questions visitors ask.
- You’ll help identify new product opportunities by listening for inquiries about features or solutions we don’t offer yet. It’s up to you to collect and thoroughly document feature requests so that you can most effectively represent our customers’ goals when we review feature requests.
- You’ll also help beta test features yourself.
- You’ll use your natural curiosity to learn more about marketing and sales, and to grow your understanding of how businesses want to use WPForms. You’ll freely share what you’ve learned with the rest of the team.
- You’ll redirect existing WPForms customers to the Technical Support Team with grace, helping to de-escalate any frustrations and reassure them that the proper team will handle their issues swiftly.
- The hardest thing about this role is controlling the conversation and turning it towards a sale rather than simply answering the visitor’s question.
- You will use the following tools frequently. You will take it upon yourself to utilize our documentation and theirs to learn how to use them if you’re not already familiar with them. You’ll ask for help quickly when you need help: WPForms, LiveChatInc, Asana, Zoom/Google Meet, Gmail, GSuite, HelpScout, Google Analytics, and Screencasting software like Droplr or Zoom.
- You have demonstrated experience in a sales position where your performance was measured by the sales volume you produced.
- At least 2 years of software sales experience.
- You can write and speak conversational English very well and are excellent at thoroughly explaining complicated things in a simple way.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- You understand that what seems easy to you might seem like a technical nightmare to a prospect, and you won’t make them feel bad for feeling that way.
- You will become a WPForms expert. You’ll take the initiative to use our existing resources and team to master it technically and to understand the business use cases for it. After all, you can’t sell what you don’t know.
- You are more marketing-minded than technical, but it would be helpful if you already know some CSS/HTML. If you don’t, it’s not a dealbreaker because you’ll be willing to learn what it is. You aren’t intimidated by learning new things.
- You’ve used or at least have a basic understanding of WordPress dashboards. WPForms is a WordPress plugin, so it will be helpful if you’ve administered a WordPress website before.
- You have a basic understanding of email marketing services & payment gateway, as plenty of our users use our forms to build their lists or to accept payments.
- You type at least 55 words per minute with 95% accuracy. You’ll be tested on this before we interview.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- You can work between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM ET. While our team is distributed worldwide, we get the most inquiries during this time.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience working and communicating remotely.
- Experience using WPForms or other similar tools.
- Experience training other team members on sales-marketing skills to scale our sales team further.
- Created your own website and content for it (even if it was just a hobby).
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment for all full-time team members during their employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, Philippines and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out worldwide – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks include AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). For this role, typical work hours match these operating hours.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your previous sales experience and sales goals you met, including your approach to working with team members.
- A bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Team culture is very important to us, so in addition to your experience and qualifications, please help us to see your personality/get to know who you are. Bonus points if you decide to share a video of yourself.
- Profile links if available (Your website, sites where you’ve written guest posts, WordPress.org, GitHub, or any social accounts you feel are relevant to this role that you’d like us to see).
- In three sentences or less, in your own words, tell us how you think WPForms helps small businesses. You will not be considered for the role if you skip this part.
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!