As a Manager of Product Education Engineering at HashiCorp, you will lead a team of 4-6 Education Engineers and Technical Writers, who build online tutorials and documentation to help technical practitioners understand and use HashiCorp Terraform and Packer. Your team will be responsible for the written documents, tutorials, videos, and in-browser interactive labs in the sections of our developer portal that cover the HashiCorp Infrastructure Product Line (Terraform and Packer):
In this role:
You will coach the team on educational design, teaching, writing, technical architecture, and cross-functional relationship building. You will set the educational vision for user learning-journeys, communicate that vision to your team, and lead them to publish content regularly. You will become an expert in HashiCorp products (open source, SaaS, enterprise) and may occasionally personally author instructional content. You should be comfortable working with code and the command line, and have experience building, deploying, or maintaining applications running on cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP, or another cloud vendor.
Candidates who are a good fit for this role will be excited about taking feedback and requests, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. They will be passionate about DevOps, teaching, education. They will have strong project management skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, which we will test during the interview process. A genuine curiosity about how people learn, and the ability to mentor others to be better teachers is also required.
The Education team at HashiCorp is a fully remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for managers who perform well with a high level of independence and autonomy, and can lead a team that spans multiple time zones.
We want you to:
- Support career growth for members of your team.
- Build systems that help the education team work efficiently and effectively.
- Give your team members clear and kind feedback that helps them grow.
- Onboard new team members to our tool chains, infrastructure, and writing standards.
- Review and test content by running step-by-step tutorials on the command line.
- Suggest technical and educational improvements to existing and new content.
- Triage content requests from inside and outside the company.
- Help set team goals that align with product direction and marketing efforts.
- Build balanced quarterly content roadmaps that align with the team’s goals.
- Delegate portions of the roadmap to the Education Engineers and Technical Writers on your team.
- Explore new teaching tools that can help our users learn.
- Coordinate with the events team to deliver instructor-led training during company conferences.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Support, Marketing, and Web Engineering.
- Remove organizational barriers to cross-team collaboration when necessary.
- Use analytics to improve the learning experience and keep users coming back to our education sites.
You to help your team to:
- Create hands-on coding tutorials, diagrams, code samples, videos, and other educational content.
- Deliver instructor led training twice a year during company conferences.
- Structure content based on educational standard processes, adult learning theory, content and product usage data, and corporate priorities.
- Continuously improve their writing and technical skills through collaboration and professional development.
Skills & Experience
- Led, mentored, or managed engineers, or people in technical roles.
- Built step-by-step, command-line tutorials, demos, labs, or online interactive content.
- Coached technical content creators in an educational environment.
- Created content roadmaps or publication schedules.
- Reviewed and acted on analytics to improve user experiences.
- Served in a customer-facing technical role. Examples: technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Operated or maintained any HashiCorp product in a production environment.
- Recorded audio/video content.
- Explained concepts visually by creating graphics, diagrams, and other content.
- Worked with or through training partners.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
Life at HashiCorp
HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been the foundation of everything we do since the company was founded in 2012. Join us on our journey as we work to support the world’s most innovative companies as they transition to cloud and multi-cloud infrastructure through simple yet powerful workflows and automation.
At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach rather than focusing on specific technologies, and we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]
We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the following posters:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination